Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   ATTENTION: Please respond if you removed load leveling rear shocks for standard! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/attention-please-respond-if-you-removed-load-leveling-rear-shocks-for-standard-66227.html)

Scottina06 10-03-2013 02:35 PM

ATTENTION: Please respond if you removed load leveling rear shocks for standard!

Did you buy different rear shocks mounts? Peter from justforjeeps.com is helping a customer but ONLY finds ONE(1) shock mount suitable for ALL wk2's.....even air suspension. Can anyone confirm changing the upper mounts in the rear? If so...what part number?

Thanks!

Dave5.7 10-03-2013 06:20 PM

Peter helped me out with a part number and link to the Just For Jeeps site
http://www.justforjeeps.com/reupshmo.html
This is the part I installed when I switched to Eibach's and it fits fine.
This is on a 2011 Limited.
I'll dig out the old load levelling shock mounts and see if they have a part number on them.

Scottina06 10-03-2013 08:58 PM

So u had to change the upper shock mounts? Peter is who im helping with this.

Dave5.7 10-03-2013 11:32 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Please respond if you removed load leveling rear shocks for standard!

7 Attachment(s)
Sorry my mistake, it was Colin who helped me out with the part number, price and website link.
Yes I had to change the mounts.
There is no part number on the mounts on the load leveling shocks, but they are smaller than the ones used for the standard shocks.
The pics are of the load leveling shock mounts (obviously still attached to the load leveling shocks)

Scottina06 10-04-2013 12:25 PM

Re: ATTENTION: Please respond if you removed load leveling rear shocks for standard!

we need the part number for the new upper mount you had to buy for the non load leveling shiocks. Peter says the jeep parts system only lists ONE mount for all GC's

tratpop 10-04-2013 01:42 PM

Is it possible the load leveling has an intergrated mount that is part of the strut. And all other struts have this other mount? that would explain why there is only one part number for mounts.

-trat

Dave5.7 10-04-2013 05:25 PM

68029590AE is the part number I used to order the new mounts.

Trat might be right, the load levelling mounts may come already attached to the shock, that's why there is no part number for them.

brandon_salem 10-05-2013 01:46 PM

I can confirm that there are two different mounting brackets; one for the standard shocks and one for the load leveling. I purchased the icon vehicle dynamics suspension kit and the rear shocks need the load leveling mounting bracket but my 2012 Laredo x has just the standard shocks (didn't come with the tow package but installed afterwords). The standard mounting bracket IS for sale on the mopar website but the load leveling mounting bracket is not for sale as a separate item.

I desperately need the load leveling mounting bracket, nut and washer and I believe one more top piece (there are 3 total top pieces I need). Icon did not disclose that the rear shocks need the load leveling bracket nor did I know it wasn't sold as a separate item by mopar.

gekigenger 10-30-2013 09:45 AM

I just came from the dealership parts department and was told that according to my vin# my 2012 Altitude came from the factory with 68029590AE rear upper mounts. I believe that 2011 came with 68029590AD and are now being replaced with the 590AE's! There is now only one mount used for all applications and it is 68029590AE.

gekigenger 10-30-2013 09:49 AM

Mopar.com does sell the 68029590AE on its site!
Suspension, Rear Quadra-Lift-Air and Rear Load Leveling - MOUNT, Shock Upper - 68029590AE | Mopar

Srt rob 69 11-08-2013 11:15 AM

Posting late on this however yes when I lowered my 2014 and removed the load leveling shocks the mounts had to be switched out as well. Sorry don't have the part number as I was told I didn't need the mounts when I bought the basic shocks, then during install the shop I used bought them from the local dealer.