Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   SF Bay Area Service Recommendation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/sf-bay-area-service-recommendation-66253.html)

MrSanRamon 10-04-2013 09:32 AM

SF Bay Area Service Recommendation

Live in east bay and did a search of dealers to do service and TSBs.

Dublin Chrysler jeep is the. Closest to me but has terrible reviews on Yelp.

Any suggestions for a dealer in my area?

Thanks.

Robert

WK2 Rover 10-07-2013 09:56 AM

Re: SF Bay Area Service Recommendation

Unfortunately there aren't too many Jeep service options in the Bay Area. During the Chrysler bankruptcy the two dealerships I used for my '93 Grand Cherokee were closed (Hayward - good, Redwood City - fair). I bought my 2011 Grand Cherokee from Stoneridge, and that is where I have it serviced. They are okay but I am not highly confident in them if I have a real problem. Fortunately no significant issues to date.

I'm going to try Putnam in Burlingame (near my job) for a simple service. But I don't want to give them much business 'cause I caught them in a lie during the purchase process in 2011. Ditto for the dealership in San Jose. I can try Fremont as my next service department evaluation.

Bottom line ... others are too far for me (Walnut Creek, San Jose) and I doubt they are much better.

MrSanRamon 10-07-2013 10:25 AM

I have taken my Jeep (1 time) to Fremont Jeep in Newark, and they were pretty good. I'd recommend them to someone who lives in that area.

Unfortunately, they are a long way from where I either work or live, so I really hate to cool my heels for 3 hours or so while they change oil and do a TSB, etc.

Dublin is very close and offers a shuttle, but if you look at the review in Yelp, they have an abysmal rating.

Stoneridge Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Dublin - Dublin, CA

Just looking for somewhere that does decent work as close to San Ramon as I can...still looking.

Robert

tdcody 03-03-2016 08:44 PM

In case anyone is still browsing this thread, my experience with two other dealers in the SF Bay area have been horrible.

Putnam (Burlingame) and Stevens Creek (San Jose) have both provided terrible service, ranging from carelessness and poor attention to detail to outright lying to me. They have made my experience trying to resolve ongoing problems (steering vibration, HVAC performance, rough transmission, rattles, botched windshield repair) a miserable journey. The folks at Chrysler Enhanced Customer Care and traveling tech from Chrysler have tried, unsuccessfully, to facilitate service with these idiots. They are outright obstructive, refusing to call Chrysler reps back, not submitting reports/paperwork, billing for things that they were instructed not to bill for, and generally giving me the runaround every chance they get. I have never dealt with such an incompetent, unpleasant bunch of people in any industry before. Buyer beware.

I'm still looking for a reasonably competent dealer in the San Francisco Bay area - willing to drive a pretty long way at this point.

Dave G.

MrSanRamon 03-03-2016 10:32 PM

While not perfect, Fremont CDJR is pretty good. They are located in Newark.

Robert

MID1 03-05-2016 11:53 AM

I recently had the torque converter in my 2011 Grand Cherokee overland 5.7 replaced at the Walnut Creek dealership. The work was well done and the problems I had been experiencing were resolved....at least as of this writing...Ray Ortiz is the Service Manager at that location...I found him to be attentive, polite and responsive...can't ask for more than that...

tdcody 03-05-2016 03:30 PM

Thank you guys for your input. I'll see if I can get in to Fremont or Walnut Creek and report back with my experience.

Dave G.

mixer440 03-07-2016 08:28 PM

I went to McKevitt in Berkeley along Shattuck that was quick and did a fine job. They did the dreaded TSB on the engine head for my 2012. Close to a BART station too.

echo7tango 04-01-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdcody (Post 1269525)
In case anyone is still browsing this thread, my experience with two other dealers in the SF Bay area have been horrible.

Putnam (Burlingame) and Stevens Creek (San Jose) have both provided terrible service, ranging from carelessness and poor attention to detail to outright lying to me. They have made my experience trying to resolve ongoing problems (steering vibration, HVAC performance, rough transmission, rattles, botched windshield repair) a miserable journey. The folks at Chrysler Enhanced Customer Care and traveling tech from Chrysler have tried, unsuccessfully, to facilitate service with these idiots. They are outright obstructive, refusing to call Chrysler reps back, not submitting reports/paperwork, billing for things that they were instructed not to bill for, and generally giving me the runaround every chance they get. I have never dealt with such an incompetent, unpleasant bunch of people in any industry before. Buyer beware.

I'm still looking for a reasonably competent dealer in the San Francisco Bay area - willing to drive a pretty long way at this point.

Dave G.

Dave,

Am curious about your Stevens Creek experience. What happened there? It's hard to map your complaints to a specific place, since you're complaining about both together, Putnam and Stevens Creek.

I bought mine from Stevens Creek two years ago and they've done all the servicing, and they have treated me well. I am a happy customer of theirs.

So far, anyway. What happened to you there?