Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   DRL light goes out when blinker is on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/drl-light-goes-out-when-blinker-is-on-66263.html)

vertrkr 10-04-2013 02:54 PM

DRL light goes out when blinker is on

When ever the blinker is on the led DRL light will go out on the side the blinker is on leaving the other one on. Seems screwy to me and looks a little goofy. Any one notice the same?

Update: turns out this is common behavior from a few different manufactures. I really gotta google this stuff before I post.

davewg 10-04-2013 04:02 PM

Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 904174)
When ever the blinker is on the led DRL light will go out on the side the blinker is on leaving the other one on. Seems screwy to me and looks a little goofy. Any one notice the same?

All vehicles with LED running lamps have this behavior (Audi, BMW, GMC, etc).

In certain situations the turn signal cannot be seen due to the brightness of the LED DRL.

The behavior is normal, if as you say a little weird.

vertrkr 10-04-2013 04:17 PM

Thanks Dave. I started getting concerned as I just installed some high power LEDs in the fog lamps and started to worry they were throwing canbus errors or something.

davewg 10-05-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 904216)
Thanks Dave. I started getting concerned as I just installed some high power LEDs in the fog lamps and started to worry they were throwing canbus errors or something.

No problem. Have you done any exploring on interior LEDs for the map/dome lights?

How about swapping out that subwoofer bin? I need to get it ordered so the dealer has it to do the swap for me prior to delivery. I've been struggling to figure out which is the right part number.

vertrkr 10-05-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 904480)
No problem. Have you done any exploring on interior LEDs for the map/dome lights?
How about swapping out that subwoofer bin? I need to get it ordered so the dealer has it to do the swap for me prior to delivery. I've been struggling to figure out which is the right part number.

Started exploring the interior lights, I know which bulbs to get in theory but I'd really like to get the lens off first to double check. I'm stuck at this point for a few of them like the ones on the tailgate. Might wait until the service manual is released before I started pulling and prying.

For the cargo bin, the 2014 mopar catalog isn't out yet but assuming there is no change from 2013 the bin part is #5LC34XXXAC for $101.78 online, $148.00 list price. The parts diagram only shows the bin for the woofer but the part # is correct for the one with out with woofer. I've triple checked this on a few different sites.

DOOR TRIM PANEL FASTENER LEFT for 2013 Dodge Durango|5LC34XXXAC

davewg 10-05-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 904489)
Started exploring the interior lights, I know which bulbs to get in theory but I'd really like to get the lens off first to double check. I'm stuck at this point for a few of them like the ones on the tailgate. Might wait until the service manual is released before I started pulling and prying.

For the cargo bin, the 2014 mopar catalog isn't out yet but assuming there is no change from 2013 the bin part is #5LC34XXXAC for $101.78 online, $148.00 list price. The parts diagram only shows the bin for the woofer but the part # is correct for the one with out with woofer. I've triple checked this on a few different sites.

DOOR TRIM PANEL FASTENER LEFT for 2013 Dodge Durango|5LC34XXXAC

Thanks for that part number. Keep me (us) posted on LED progress for the interior, etc.