Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Dealer gave me paint protection (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/dealer-gave-me-paint-protection-66273.html)

YFD_322 10-04-2013 09:22 PM

Dealer gave me paint protection

I'm a Zaino guy but my dealer gave me this stuff that he says is awesome. I'm talking about just the "paint guard". Has anyone have a experience with it? Since it's a small bottle will it cover the SRT?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps74e8e400.jpg

WATacoRider 10-04-2013 10:53 PM

Re: Dealer gave me paint protection

Is that the $500 Appearance Protection package?????

Because I paid for that shit when I bought my truck. If that's what it is... I might just cancel that and use the $500 towards a clear bra and some Scotchgard spray....

What sold me was according to the pamphlet, "Comprehensive Warranty also provides repairs for ripes, tears and burns" on the leather interior. This is my 1st pleather interior so I wanted to protect it it.....

It's a 7yr warranty btw.

2014 LAREDO 10-05-2013 12:07 AM

ZAINO...................:ftmfw:

YFD_322 10-15-2013 05:59 PM

But is this stuff the dealer gave me good? Shall I use it on the paint?

Scottina06 10-15-2013 06:03 PM

never heard of it

bill_de 10-15-2013 07:49 PM

You might need to do a Google search. It could be a great product that just doesn't have the name recognition.

---

YjagetaJeep 10-16-2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 911365)
You might need to do a Google search. It could be a great product that just doesn't have the name recognition.

---

Zaino looks to me like it may be similar to Optiseal, which is actually a pretty good product. You just wipe on an incredibly small amount onto your painted surfaces and thats it! I have used it and I'll use it again.
I actually found Optiseal when I chose not to be an idiot and pay the dealership $500.00 for a wax job. They also have a complete line of products, just like Zaino.
During the twenty minutes it took to treat my new GC, I was thinking how the dealers must get a good laugh at us customers paying so much extra for nothing....Paint Sealant... Interior surface treatment...
They try to get you just as you're trying to understand all the costs and fees you are about to commit to, and they hit you with the "I'm sure you want to protect your investment don't you" line
Damn dealers!

YFD_322 10-16-2013 07:03 AM

One of the best reason I like Zaino is because you can wipe it on anywhere. I even use on the glass and it does not stain anything. Would the Optiseal be the same?? Can you wipe it anywhere? Which would you say it a Shinier better protection water beading product?

Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 911543)
Zaino looks to me like it may be similar to Optiseal, which is actually a pretty good product. You just wipe on an incredibly small amount onto your painted surfaces and thats it! I have used it and I'll use it again.
I actually found Optiseal when I chose not to be an idiot and pay the dealership $500.00 for a wax job. They also have a complete line of products, just like Zaino.
During the twenty minutes it took to treat my new GC, I was thinking how the dealers must get a good laugh at us customers paying so much extra for nothing....Paint Sealant... Interior surface treatment...
They try to get you just as you're trying to understand all the costs and fees you are about to commit to, and they hit you with the "I'm sure you want to protect your investment don't you" line
Damn dealers!

YjagetaJeep 10-16-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 911577)
One of the best reason I like Zaino is because you can wipe it on anywhere. I even use on the glass and it does not stain anything. Would the Optiseal be the same?? Can you wipe it anywhere? Which would you say it a Shinier better protection water beading product?

Yeah...They sound very similar. There's another one from Blackfire Wet Diamond too. They're all polymer type sealants that bond with the paint to form a long lasting seal.....Maybe six months to a year of good solid protection. I don't know which one is shinier or slicker or lasts longest. In the end it always turns out to be a trade off. ...The better the shine - The shorter the protection time. But these wipe on and walk away systems are hard to beat for vehicles like ours. Check out AutoGeek.net for more info

YFD_322 11-30-2013 01:19 PM

Perma Plate Appearance Protection Products -- Paintguard

Heard this was better than Zaino and Permaguard...

http://www.5starshine.com/