Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Tips, Tricks & Features you didn't know about (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/tips-tricks-and-features-you-didnt-know-about-66316.html)

vertrkr 10-06-2013 09:41 AM

Tips, Tricks & Features you didn't know about

I'll start with a couple of un-documented ones and ones I missed the first few times I read the manual.

• Engineering menu - Hold down both driver side temp arrow buttons (red & blue) at the same time for 5 seconds. (Caution, don't make any changes unless you know what you're doing, hit the "X" cancel button to exit.

• Dealer menu - Hold down both driver side temp arrow buttons and front Defrost button at the same time for 5 seconds. (Caution, don't make any changes unless you know what you're doing, hit the "X" cancel button to exit.

• Starting the car with a dead FOB - If you have keyless go and the batteries die on the FOB and the car won't start, push the rounded end of the FOB against the keyless go start button and it will start.

• Elevation & GPS coordinates info of your current location - In the navigation map press the current street name listed near the bottom then hit the GPS button that pops up. It will show your current elevation, coordinates, how many satellites it receiving and strength.

• Under the driver seat storage - There's a panel you can pop out under the seat revealing an empty bin big enough for about a gallon of milk. It's not convenient so its use is limited.

SLLJG 10-06-2013 11:42 AM

Re: Tips, Tricks & Features you didn't know about

Thank you!

Marlon_JB2 10-07-2013 05:57 AM

Cool tricks. Only "Dealer Menu" worked in my Dart though. :(

vertrkr 10-10-2013 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The center console has a tissue holder under the lid in the first/small compartment.

davewg 10-10-2013 06:32 AM

There is a JGC easter egg thread too - I wonder how many of those also apply to our Durango.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/thing...wk2-63885.html

Laureljoke 10-10-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 907623)
The center console has a tissue holder under the lid in the first/small compartment.

You are a riot, and a big help, and I actually was just going to toss a box of tissues in the beast somewhere. How did you discover this fun fact?

vertrkr 10-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 907928)
You are a riot, and a big help, and I actually was just going to toss a box of tissues in the beast somewhere. How did you discover this fun fact?

Can't take credit for that one. I was reading easter egg threads on other jeep forums and saw that one and slapped my forehead. My old Expedition had this and I totally forgot about it. Currently I was keeping spare folded up c-notes in there.

SLLJG 10-10-2013 02:34 PM

No tissue holder in my 2014 Overland

My 2014 Overland's console has no tissue holder in its lid. My Jeep does have the CD player in the console.

Laureljoke 10-10-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 907934)

Can't take credit for that one. I was reading easter egg threads on other jeep forums and saw that one and slapped my forehead. My old Expedition had this and I totally forgot about it. Currently I was keeping spare folded up c-notes in there.

Cool. Okay, I was born blonde and apparently it is still an issue. Does that interior plastic piece open, or did you just shove a small box or packet of Kleenex into the opening? I know, I know....I could go figure it out but it is easier (and more enjoyable) to ask you!

vertrkr 10-10-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 907960)
Cool. Okay, I was born blonde and apparently it is still an issue. Does that interior plastic piece open, or did you just shove a small box or packet of Kleenex into the opening? I know, I know....I could go figure it out but it is easier (and more enjoyable) to ask you!

Doesn't open, need to get the kind in the plastic bag, not the box, and smoosh it in there. Not touching the blonde thing but I married one too.

davewg 10-10-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 907960)

Just wedge it on in there...

I think its really designed for the little "go" packs of tissues wrapped in plastic rather than a box.

Laureljoke 10-10-2013 03:52 PM

Well, what were the chances I would have one of those small plastic-wrapped Kleenex brand packages around....and the bigger challenge should have been finding it. But I did, and I wedged it in perfectly, and I guarantee I would have NEVER discovered that on my own. Handy and out of sight. Cool.

One might say I'm easily amused, but there is a new JG forum find every day, and I look forward to browsing around in search of all the things I can learn. Very cool indeed. Thanks, guys!