Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   New Durango Marketing TV Spots (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/new-durango-marketing-tv-spots-66358.html)

Immo 10-07-2013 09:18 AM

New Durango Marketing TV Spots

With the $$ they are investing I doubt the Durango is going anywhere anytime soon

Dodge Durango | Ron Burgundy | "It Comes Standard" - YouTube

Immo 10-07-2013 09:28 AM

Re: New Durango Marketing TV Spots

Will Ferrell did 70 Durango spots according to the Web Castjust done by Chrysler Media. 70!!! Again a huge investment!

Scottina06 10-07-2013 12:22 PM

advertising costs has nothing to do with product development. The Durango has to sell more than 3000 units per month without offering rebates and discounts. It just doesn't have a history of that on this platform. As far as I know...there still is no plans to continue on this platform. That could change with great sales for the next 2 years.

mrmitsou 10-07-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 905485)
advertising costs has nothing to do with product development. The Durango has to sell more than 3000 units per month without offering rebates and discounts. It just doesn't have a history of that on this platform. As far as I know...there still is no plans to continue on this platform. That could change with great sales for the next 2 years.

Durango sold 4964 units for September, its fourth best month this year, and sales volume more than doubled the amount for same period last year (up 66% year over year). For August, sales were up 117% year over year. Not sure what that means as far as product development, but it seems that, at present, things are getting much better (though its sales numbers do seem much smaller in comparison with the best selling SUVS).

vertrkr 10-07-2013 01:41 PM

Damn it Jim, Will Ferrell? They should get Shatner. It feels like the Enterprise to me.

Scottina06 10-07-2013 02:44 PM

yes...sales are VERY encouraging! BUT...was it because of massive discounts? Lets hope not and the success continues! I want you guys to have the BEST Durango forum on the NET!

davewg 10-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 905608)
yes...sales are VERY encouraging! BUT...was it because of massive discounts? Lets hope not and the success continues! I want you guys to have the BEST Durango forum on the NET!

It already is the best Durango forum on the net....

vertrkr 10-07-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 905608)
I want you guys to have the BEST Durango forum on the NET!

I hear that, need more active durango owner posters, i stick with the best, that's why I'm here. Trying my best to keep the forum active with informative/entertaining posts, at least in my mind which is admittedly full of cow patties.

Scottina06 10-07-2013 03:06 PM

good...lets continue to build!

Scottina06 10-07-2013 03:08 PM

they will come. We have a good showing on google for the dodge durango

davewg 10-07-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 905627)
good...lets continue to build!

If you build it, they will come...

Part of it is keeping the group of recent purchasers involved now that we're getting beyond the interest/order/delivery phase (for most of us).

I for one continue to plan on posting/answering questions as we get new folks.

Laureljoke 10-07-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 905652)
I for one continue to plan on posting/answering questions as we get new folks.

I, for one, plan to continue to post questions for you and others to answer:D.

Finding this forum was the single best thing that happened to my car buying experience, and the exceptional level of interest and knowledge, and a willingness to share, makes this forum a most valuable resource.