Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   possible missing buttons (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/possible-missing-buttons-66374.html)

donsmith249 10-07-2013 02:16 PM

possible missing buttons

Well long story short my 14 JGC Summit 4wd is missing the park assist on and off button and the collision avoidance button, Have seen some that have and some that don't. Service isn't sure and parts doesn't have a clue. Dealer recommended I call Chrystler Cust Care. Called and they escalated the ticket on the thought I should have them. Should hear back in a day or so.
Any one else have this issue or have any thoughts on the subject
Thanks

Owen.H 10-07-2013 02:21 PM

Re: possible missing buttons

I would be interested in finding out myself. Hopefully mine has them when it arrives in the future. Hopefully near future.

erosmanuel 10-09-2013 10:00 PM

my summit only comes with 2 buttons "eco" and "esp off" ... I also go to the dealer because I already seen several "limited" with 3 buttons and the other summit comes with 4 buttons ...

donsmith249 10-09-2013 10:02 PM

Have you been to the dealer yet? I am still awaiting the response from customer care. I'll update you when I hear something

MichGeo 12-16-2013 01:47 PM

(Sorry for jumping in late.)

It took some effort, but I was able to get the the missing buttons installed on my 2014 JGC Summit. Once I got the dealer to take me seriously, they were able to confirm that I had the wrong center-stack-control-unit and replaced it under warranty. I now have all four buttons as shown in the manual.

It took multiple trips and calls to two dealers, a call to Customer Care, and some online research to point me in the right direction. (I posted a rant about it in this thread: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-o...ers-65019.html

Prior to that, the dealers argued with me without really checking. On the final trip, I took the build list, the owners manual, and the sales brochures to support my argument there should be four buttons. Customer care confirmed that there were no mid-year engineering changes and that the manual was current.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

not_too_shabby 12-16-2013 04:39 PM

The latest software update for the uconnect has an entry in the change log about park assist. You may check to see if the option is now in the uconnect. That would explain why the buttons are gone. It seems like too many are seeing this to be a mistake.

MichGeo 12-16-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 946427)
The latest software update for the uconnect has an entry in the change log about park assist. You may check to see if the option is now in the uconnect. That would explain why the buttons are gone. It seems like too many are seeing this to be a mistake.

I see info about a UConnect update to improve the front park assist, but nothing that would disable ParkSense. Please advise if you see something different.

Anyway, two dealers and Customer Care had the opportunity to tell me about a software update if that was the answer. My sense was that the dealers just didn't care -- they just guessed and argued about how unlikely it was that the car could be built wrong.

Customer Care later said that the buttons should be as described in the manual per all info they had available. They knew of no other way to disable ParkSense. They sent me back to the dealer.

With the build list, the manual, the marketing brochure (clear photo of Summit console), and the info from Customer Care, I pressed the dealer to quit guessing and start making some calls. The service guy called later to say the button was indeed missing. No apologies, just surprise that it happened. (From the boards, it seems to be happening a lot!)

The good news is that I no longer have to endure the constant beeping in my ear when backing up our trailer. :)

ChrisUCF99 12-16-2013 11:18 PM

I have all four on my Overland

http://users.ctinet.net/cki/Jeep5.jpg

not_too_shabby 12-16-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichGeo (Post 946642)
I see info about a UConnect update to improve the front park assist, but nothing that would disable ParkSense. Please advise if you see something different.

Anyway, two dealers and Customer Care had the opportunity to tell me about a software update if that was the answer. My sense was that the dealers just didn't care -- they just guessed and argued about how unlikely it was that the car could be built wrong.

Customer Care later said that the buttons should be as described in the manual per all info they had available. They knew of no other way to disable ParkSense. They sent me back to the dealer.

With the build list, the manual, the marketing brochure (clear photo of Summit console), and the info from Customer Care, I pressed the dealer to quit guessing and start making some calls. The service guy called later to say the button was indeed missing. No apologies, just surprise that it happened. (From the boards, it seems to be happening a lot!)

The good news is that I no longer have to endure the constant beeping in my ear when backing up our trailer. :)

Amazing that Jeep could be so incompetent either way. Either nobody is aware they moved the parksense OFF to the head unit, or that they would build many vehicles with the wrong part so that you couldn't turn it off.

The change log included this:

· **ParkSense tone continuously on**.

Which I guess if you are towing a trailer would be true if you cannot turn off the park sense….

MichGeo 12-17-2013 12:20 PM

I see the current list now. If they add a means to disable ParkSense via the screens, I hope they make it very easy to access. It would be painful if you had to go through the settings, especially if you have to put the car in park.

Besides towing & bike racks, how about when you have the front sensors and you're in a crowded fast-food drive-thru? Without the button, you'll either have to keep a gap between you and the next car, or endure the beeping. Imagine trying to place your order with the beeper ringing.

donsmith249 01-03-2014 08:19 PM

I got mine fixed but it was a hassle. They ended up swapping one with an inventory unit. Still no firm answer as to the real truth.

MichGeo 01-04-2014 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If it helps, here's the work order from when the dealer replaced the center stack in mine. Maybe there's something useful in all of those part numbers.

The hassle for me was getting the dealership to take seriously the idea that the button might be missing. They just didn't seem to want to be bothered with looking into it. When they finally checked it out (phone call to Jeep HQ?), they replaced the panel.