Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Uconnect update (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/uconnect-update-66395.html)

dom1220 10-07-2013 09:19 PM

Uconnect update

was wondering if anyone knows how to update the uconnect? I was reading some threads and saw that there was an update available, how do I go about installing it in my 2014 Jeep GC Overland ?
thankss

bill_de 10-07-2013 09:24 PM

Re: Uconnect update

You can go to the uConnect update site and download it after reading the instructions.

Or, you can become a supporting member of Jeep Garage and download from the VIP section ... after reading the instruction.

You can sign up here;

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

---

14 GC 10-07-2013 10:19 PM

Took me a while to find it from the Jeep Dashboard.

Go to: https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do and enter the last 8 characters of your vehicle identification number (VIN)

Instructions are rather lengthy, recommend printing them first.

Cheers!

jacko15 10-07-2013 10:48 PM

Save a tree! I loaded the instructions on my Kindle. ;)

WATacoRider 10-08-2013 12:29 AM

So I went to the link above. Entered my digits and it shows I have an update. But when I click on either View Intructions or Begin Update Process, nothing happens.

I've also made the selection for "How did you hear about this Site" and OS type.

*edit*

Nevermind, got it to work. Just had to allow IE all the security feature or whatever that popup was.

Ok, all updated. Now what does this do? Also, don't know why they want you to use a 4gig stick. File is under 600MB. I just used my 2gig drive without issue.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 10-08-2013 01:16 AM

What does this uconnect update involve??

gaidin43 10-08-2013 05:07 AM

I think it uses the extra memory on the stick as flash. The system itself only has 512mb of ram but 16 gb of storage.

I really want to figure out how to install 3rd party apps to this system.

14 GC 10-08-2013 09:14 AM

Downloaded the update last night. Installed this morning.

Everything went exactly as advertised.

I wish they would be a little more specific as to what they updated. Some version of "release notes" would be helpful, as opposed to saying that it is faster and more responsive...

Northland 10-08-2013 09:51 AM

If you become a Premium member, full release notes and update files are available in the Premium Members section. Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

lstowell 10-08-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 905954)
You can go to the uConnect update site and download it after reading the instructions.

Or, you can become a supporting member of Jeep Garage and download from the VIP section ... after reading the instruction.

You can sign up here;

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

---

Coughing up the few bucks for the premium membership would allow downloading an ISO format, and avoid the install of the Akamai downloader that UConnect seems to want [Internet Exploder access] in apparent ignorance that most browsers have smart downloaders, and an md5sum could be checked by the user on the package.

Plus, you do a good thing...

lstowell 10-08-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 906006)
Save a tree! I loaded the instructions on my Kindle. ;)

But what about all the lithium, phosphors, and dinosaurs that Kindle took to build? :eek:

lstowell 10-08-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaidin43 (Post 906100)
I think it uses the extra memory on the stick as flash. The system itself only has 512mb of ram but 16 gb of storage.

I really want to figure out how to install 3rd party apps to this system.

I wonder if they ever will open that up.
There are some pretty good QNX dev tools out there.

Wonder if the feds would no no opening it up, much like not being warm and fuzzy about live video feeds to the driver area.