Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Attention 2014 Grand Cherokee True blue owners (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/attention-2014-grand-cherokee-true-blue-owners-66424.html)

willjeep 10-08-2013 06:04 PM

Attention 2014 Grand Cherokee True blue owners

Hello friends,

I had to call Jeep customer service today, I am very concerned about the quality of the paint job on my truck. When I picked up the truck there was a Chip on the passenger side door edge and a few scuffs of the body. I was very exacted and disregarded the scuffs. The sales man ordered me touch up paint for the chip. P.S. the scuffs turned into scratches., I was still willing to just us the touch up paint. then after a trip to N.C. the bumper is all chipped up. I call jeep tonight and I will bring it in to the dealer for a assessment, customer service wants me to call back after the dealer visit. Any other True Blue owners having issue's?

JeepersCreepers 10-09-2013 02:28 PM

Re: Attention 2014 Grand Cherokee True blue owners

I do know that pretty much all modern paint is softer these days at least in part due to environmental regulations. I have a 2014 True Blue and there were some paint defects/issues when I bought it (I too was excited and in a rush so I accepted them, with the dealer's word they'd fix them), but I haven't noticed any developing since then or the existing ones getting worse.

My bumper is faring well actually, no noticeable chips, although I don't do tons of highway driving and when I do I try to put some distance between me and the car in front for that very reason. I was considering spending money on a clear bra (paint protection film) but at this point I'm glad I didn't.

Another thing you might look into: mud flaps at least for the front. After seeing some pictures here, and seeing some (non-GC) Jeeps, with lots of chips/scratches along the side from rocks being kicked up by the front tires, I installed the front ones. They're cheap and in my opinion look good too.

I just remembered that I did recently get a chip on my front passenger door. I'm not sure what it's from though. Just the unfortunate side effect of it not being garage-kept 100% of the time I guess. ;)

wsurfh 10-09-2013 02:37 PM

My 14 True blue also had a few paint defects on delivery. Drove through some mud, after I washed it off the doors, there were numerous small pits and scratches in the paint.... It's a Jeep...

Icetech 10-09-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willjeep (Post 906586)
Hello friends,

I had to call Jeep customer service today, I am very concerned about the quality of the paint job on my truck. When I picked up the truck there was a Chip on the passenger side door edge and a few scuffs of the body. I was very exacted and disregarded the scuffs. The sales man ordered me touch up paint for the chip. P.S. the scuffs turned into scratches., I was still willing to just us the touch up paint. then after a trip to N.C. the bumper is all chipped up. I call jeep tonight and I will bring it in to the dealer for a assessment, customer service wants me to call back after the dealer visit. Any other True Blue owners having issue's?

Will. the first time i waxed mine, i find dirt under the paint on the hood ina few spots.. 2 chips where the door meets the fender.. and a few other things.. i hate this vehicle so much now that it doesn't bother me though.. but yes.. bad paint defects right outa the box.