Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Chrome Power Window Surrounds (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrome-power-window-surrounds-66433.html)

Tarponbeach 10-08-2013 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My previous vehicle was a W164 Mercedes M-Class, so when looking closely at my '14 GC, I noticed that the power window switches looked identical to the ML. I ordered the ML chrome covers on Amazon, and figured that if they didn't fit, no big deal, as the complete set was only $40.00 on Amazon, and I could return them if they didn't work. Tonight, I did a test fit, and to my surprise, they fit very well. The only modification required, was to place an additional layer of 3M double sided tape over the 3M tape that they came with.

bill_de 10-08-2013 08:03 PM

Re: Chrome Power Window Surrounds

I guess the more parts get outsourced, the more they will be shared across multiple brands.

Thanks for the info.

---

1st jeep 10-08-2013 08:11 PM

That looks great!

snoball 10-08-2013 09:27 PM

I like those. Help me with a search. I could not find any on Amazon.....

Tarponbeach 10-08-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoball (Post 906752)
I like those. Help me with a search. I could not find any on Amazon.....

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

snoball 10-08-2013 10:02 PM

Perfect, they look just like my 2013. What does the passenger side look like? It appears the kit has a driver door and three small window switch covers.

Tarponbeach 10-08-2013 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoball (Post 906774)
Perfect, they look just like my 2013. What does the passenger side look like? It appears the kit has a driver door and three small window switch covers.

Correct. Passenger photo in the 1st post. Photo is dark, Here is a better photo.

snoball 10-08-2013 10:22 PM

Thanks! Nice upgrade. Appreciate the help. Maybe there are more trim pieces that will fit :)

Avusblue 10-09-2013 07:53 AM

Very nice. Thanks for posting. Although, the product is now listed as unavailable at Amazon.

snoball 10-09-2013 08:03 AM

That ad was listed as "one available, more coming" so it should re-list soon.

not_too_shabby 10-09-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarponbeach (Post 906692)
My previous vehicle was a W164 Mercedes M-Class, so when looking closely at my '14 GC, I noticed that the power window switches looked identical to the ML. I ordered the ML chrome covers on Amazon, and figured that if they didn't fit, no big deal, as the complete set was only $40.00 on Amazon, and I could return them if they didn't work. Tonight, I did a test fit, and to my surprise, they fit very well. The only modification required, was to place an additional layer of 3M double sided tape over the 3M tape that they came with.

Looks great. Do you remove the black trim or does it just stick on to it?

Tarponbeach 10-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 907105)
Looks great. Do you remove the black trim or does it just stick on to it?

Thanks, no I didn't remove the black trim, I applied them over it. The black trim is slightly larger in area, so the chrome actually gives the black a nice "framed" appearance. As stated in the OP, I did have to add another layer of 3M double sided tape to the existing tape that came on the chrome rings..I think because of the difference between the ML switches and the GC switches.