Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Interior lighting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/interior-lighting-66458.html)

siegs7 10-09-2013 12:19 PM

Interior lighting

I have a 2014 JGC Summit and was wondering if anyone has feedback for me about interior lighting.

At night when lighting comes on, there are white indicators on the vent controls - are those supposed to light up?

Also, at night, when parking the vehicle and stopping the engine, all the interior lighting goes out, but the Navigation remains on - Is that correct? Shouldn't the interior lighting also remain on until you open any door?

Thanks!

StaticFX 10-09-2013 01:52 PM

Re: Interior lighting

no, those dont light up. just white paint

i think there is a setting for the interior lighting delay

siegs7 10-09-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 907215)
no, those dont light up. just white paint

i think there is a setting for the interior lighting delay

Ok, thanks. I have gone through all the settings and don't see one. Is anybody else able to confirm that there is a setting or not?

StaticFX 10-09-2013 03:34 PM

engine off options?

siegs7 10-09-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 907305)
engine off options?

Engine Off doesn't change anything. I guess my question is, is this by normal design happening in my vehicle? Or, should the interior lighting (knobs/buttons) remain lit when you power off vehicle, and not just the Navigation?

not_too_shabby 10-09-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siegs7 (Post 907351)
Engine Off doesn't change anything. I guess my question is, is this by normal design happening in my vehicle? Or, should the interior lighting (knobs/buttons) remain lit when you power off vehicle, and not just the Navigation?

I asked my sales guy about this and he seemed to think they turned off when the car is turned off and there wasn't anything that could be set to change it I miss the days if having all the interior lights turn on when you pull out the key. Not like you want to leave your door open while you are gathering your stuff. My Mazda was the same way but worse in that the Nav didn't even stay lit.

siegs7 10-09-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 907357)
I asked my sales guy about this and he seemed to think they turned off when the car is turned off and there wasn't anything that could be set to change it I miss the days if having all the interior lights turn on when you pull out the key. Not like you want to leave your door open while you are gathering your stuff. My Mazda was the same way but worse in that the Nav didn't even stay lit.

Yes, your are right when you say, At least the Nav stays on which sheds some light!

Another item to add to the "Wish List" for the next Uconnect firmware update, I guess.

StaticFX 10-09-2013 06:13 PM

i'll have to try it.. i swear the 2011 does it.. and the inside stays lit on entry, why not after shut down... or is it when the door opens? lol

not_too_shabby 10-10-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 907435)
i'll have to try it.. i swear the 2011 does it.. and the inside stays lit on entry, why not after shut down... or is it when the door opens? lol

Even unlocking the door doesn't get the lights to come on. Seems pretty dumb to not have the car light up once you shut off the engine. What's the point of having the lights turn on once you open the door. If you are opening the door you are getting out.

David_Hart 10-10-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 907776)
Even unlocking the door doesn't get the lights to come on. Seems pretty dumb to not have the car light up once you shut off the engine. What's the point of having the lights turn on once you open the door. If you are opening the door you are getting out.

Well, you do know that you can turn the dash light dimmer switch all the way up to turn on all of the interior lights?

I agree that it would be a good option to automatically turn on the lights when you turn off the car but you don't always need light (i.e. during the daytime). Of course, they could probably have tied it into the same system as the automatic headlights (i.e. only go on when dark). I wonder if it's something that they could add with an update...

not_too_shabby 10-11-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Hart (Post 908275)
Well, you do know that you can turn the dash light dimmer switch all the way up to turn on all of the interior lights? I agree that it would be a good option to automatically turn on the lights when you turn off the car but you don't always need light (i.e. during the daytime). Of course, they could probably have tied it into the same system as the automatic headlights (i.e. only go on when dark). I wonder if it's something that they could add with an update...

Yep. I know that but odds are I will forget to roll the dial back down before I get out. The Nav is bright enough that it's not that big a deal.