Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   TrailHawk vs Limited headlights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/trailhawk-vs-limited-headlights-66479.html)

mderick 10-09-2013 03:44 PM

TrailHawk vs Limited headlights

Hi All:
Would anyone know yet if the headlights on the TrailHawk, and the Limited are the same or different. I see if I order the Luxury Group it has the HID, can you get this on the TrailHawk?
If I order the Technology Group on the TrailHawk, it indicates Automatic headlights.

hudsonhawk 10-09-2013 05:11 PM

Re: TrailHawk vs Limited headlights

Quote:

Originally Posted by mderick (Post 907310)
Hi All:
Would anyone know yet if the headlights on the TrailHawk, and the Limited are the same or different. I see if I order the Luxury Group it has the HID, can you get this on the TrailHawk?
If I order the Technology Group on the TrailHawk, it indicates Automatic headlights.

Unfortunately, the HIDs are only available on the Limited with Luxury group. They are not available on any of the other models of the new Cherokee. I wish I could have gotten them on my TH.

moparmania 10-09-2013 05:40 PM

Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
Headlamps use a sophisticated microprocessor that automatically and quickly adjusts high-beam brightness and intensity, depending on surrounding nighttime light sources or traffic.

This is with the Trail Hawk

I really don't think you can change intensity with regular bulbs ??
maybe Im wrong ,but they tend to jazz up different option descriptions on different models to make you think your getting your moneys worth ...

Im still worried about Transmission shifting

providenceautos 10-11-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsonhawk (Post 907386)
Unfortunately, the HIDs are only available on the Limited with Luxury group. They are not available on any of the other models of the new Cherokee. I wish I could have gotten them on my TH.

This is correct. Unfortunately there is no HID option on the Trailhawk. The first TH we ordered was purposely done with every available option, and it will not have them. But we have some Limiteds coming with the Lux package. Unlike on the Grand Cherokee, I think these are two different customers - MOST of the time. One wants the off-road thrills of the TH, the other wants a luxurious Limited. The Limited doesn't have the Active Drive Lock system, after all, so it's really one or the other.

moparmania 10-11-2013 11:48 AM

Believe it or not My wife wanted the Trail Hawk cause she loved the look of the front bumpers ,,hood stripe ,,wheel wells ,,Stance and overall tuff Jeep looks .
She said the limited looked too pretty like every other suv crossover out there ,,,,I tend to agree with her.

So we basically turned a Trail Hawk into a Limited by Checking off every option LOL ..

Probably the most off roading my wife will do is Crossing traffic in the Costco parking lot .

p/s
The key to this is wait till you actually receive your loaded Trail Hawk to see if it has HIDS

providenceautos 10-11-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparmania (Post 908486)
p/s
The key to this is wait till you actually receive your loaded Trail Hawk to see if it has HIDS

While I agree that sometimes things show up in person a little differently than they show on paper, I would highly doubt a TH shows up with HIDs. There simply is no indication in the build process, features list, or window stickers that you can get HIDs on that trim at all. They can always change availability later, of course.

hudsonhawk 10-11-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by providenceautos (Post 908523)
While I agree that sometimes things show up in person a little differently than they show on paper, I would highly doubt a TH shows up with HIDs. There simply is no indication in the build process, features list, or window stickers that you can get HIDs on that trim at all. They can always change availability later, of course.

The build sheet for my TH does not list HIDs anywhere. It does have the halogen projector lamps listed.

EDIT: This is what is listed on the Build Sheet: Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp.
Then later it has this entry: Automatic Headlamps
No mention of HIDs anywhere.

mderick 10-11-2013 03:21 PM

Based on personal experience, do people think that there is a large difference between the performance of HID and Projector head lights?

Shiva 10-12-2013 10:17 AM

Marketing strange thing, currently I drive with HID, but I need more off-road and clearence. Why should I resign from HID?

loveracing1988 10-14-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mderick (Post 908727)
Based on personal experience, do people think that there is a large difference between the performance of HID and Projector head lights?

In my experience halogens with projectors are useless except for the fact I can put hid's in if I want to. My fusion's headlights and my wife's grand Cherokee's headlights were horrendous until I put HID's in them.