Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Performance Modifications (
-   -   superchips flashpaq doesn't work? (

mayor bloom 02-17-2010 06:56 PM

superchips flashpaq doesn't work?
I have been going back and forth with superchips, they have offered to work out some kind of refund, but I still don't understand.

Bought the flashpaq back in april 09, used it to change tire size and tried a couple of diffrent tunes. didn't notice much gain, then returned it to stock tune and just used it for tire size.

In December I decided that with the CAI I would try the 91 tune and see if there were any mgp gains. So I updated the unit on my windows 7 pc, then I went to tune the jeep. The tuner would read "calibration not on file", after a month and a half they finally have an answer......"My engine and tranny don't match up" WTF. Scott from superchips said they have had this happen to a few other people, like 2.

Now for the question... What the hell do I do now? I need the flashpaq for my oversized tires to correct the speedo and want to be able to use the tunes. If they exchange and don't refund, would a new unit work or will I still have the same problem? Should I have the dealer flash my GC and see if a new tuner will work? What other tuners are out there for a lifted jeep? Lastly, should I take the refund and put the $$$ toward the superlift, I know the ERG corrects tire size?

Sorry for the lengthy posts, I just wanted to get all the info out..

mayor bloom 02-19-2010 05:31 PM

Re: superchips flashpaq doesn't work?
Well, talked with Sonny from Suoerchips today. I am just taking the refund. Apparently the flashpaq is reading my engine correctly and 05 4.7, nut it reading my tranny as a 06. Apperntly there are others that have had this problem and there is no quick fix in the near future.

Scottina06 02-19-2010 06:52 PM

Re: superchips flashpaq doesn't work?
go to and speak with Nick. teell him Scott at JG sent you and you need an SCT tuner and custom tune