Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Chrome Side Molding on a 2014 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/chrome-side-molding-on-a-2014-a-66586.html)

2014GC 10-11-2013 08:19 PM

Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
The 2014 GC is the first year that Jeep deleted the Chrome side molding in place of the Grand Cherokee label. As much as I like the look I worry about door dings. I see it is available on several web sites. I was wondering if anyone had installed it on a 2014.

Tarponbeach 10-11-2013 08:29 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 908907)
The 2014 GC is the first year that Jeep deleted the Chrome side molding in place of the Grand Cherokee label. As much as I like the look I worry about door dings. I see it is available on several web sites. I was wondering if anyone had installed it on a 2014.

I thought about adding it, but instead decided to use 3/4" rubber side molding. My color is dark, so the molding is virtually invisible, but still protects against door dings.

SNUKE 10-11-2013 08:36 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
I'm watching a set on eBay, but waiting to see what happens when I instal the side steps.
If the side steps will offer a decent protection point I will leave it.

http://www.justautotrim.com/images/l...3767306550.jpg

gaidin43 10-18-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarponbeach (Post 908916)
I thought about adding it, but instead decided to use 3/4" rubber side molding. My color is dark, so the molding is virtually invisible, but still protects against door dings.

What rubber molding did you use? I haven't seen anything available for this yet?

not_too_shabby 10-18-2013 09:44 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Do it and post pics. I am thinking about it as well, but too afraid I'll stick it on crooked. And there is the minor issue of removing the Grand Cherokee letters that are there now.

Tarponbeach 10-18-2013 09:51 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaidin43 (Post 912839)
What rubber molding did you use? I haven't seen anything available for this yet?

Not OEM, I got it at Pep Boys, believe it or not. It is black vinyl, with 3M double sided tape. 3/4" wide, and looks identical to what BMW uses on the X5.

I first applied blue painter's tape to the body, as a guide, and to make sure the line was straight. Then used the tape line as a guide to apply the moulding.

peejym 10-21-2013 12:16 AM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 913292)
Do it and post pics. I am thinking about it as well, but too afraid I'll stick it on crooked. And there is the minor issue of removing the Grand Cherokee letters that are there now.

stevm65 covered this a while back quite extensively. with measurements and pictures.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/2014-...ing-60423.html

HemiFan 10-21-2013 07:30 AM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Dont like the look of the side moldings.

2014GC 10-30-2013 04:36 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Well finally went and bought the Jeep moldings. Some 14 Jeeps look good without them while others look cheap. Mine is white and after having two other white JGC my 14 just looked cheap without them. Just a personal preference. Plus the extra protection for the doors is worth it.

peejym 10-30-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 920886)
Well finally went and bought the Jeep moldings. Some 14 Jeeps look good without them while others look cheap. Mine is white and after having two other white JGC my 14 just looked cheap without them. Just a personal preference. Plus the extra protection for the doors is worth it.

Pictures? :thumbsup:

2014GC 10-31-2013 06:58 PM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Here is a picture. Surprised me they appear to be metal. Not a surprise the packaging says China.https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...o3dW9sUN-PP5xM

SNUKE 11-01-2013 01:46 AM

Re: Chrome Side Molding on a 2014
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 921664)
Here is a picture. Surprised me they appear to be metal. Not a surprise the packaging says China.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...o3dW9sUN-PP5xM

The link to an image in your Gmail doesn't work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community