Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   the man is trying to keep me down (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/the-man-is-trying-to-keep-me-down-66599.html)

Artofnoize 10-12-2013 12:10 AM

the man is trying to keep me down

Coming home from work I decided to get gas. I'm at the pump and I hear "you sure know how to attract attention", I just figure it's a fellow car guy. Opps it's the po po. He said he heard my car accelerating 3 lights back. Now granted its 4am but I was driving normal. No rapid acceleration or speeding. He accused me of "being all over it" as I got off the expressway, which I was not. He asked me if I wanted a reckless op ticket. I said no sir I do not (I really had to bite my tongue). And he said don't ever do that again. He never actually elaborated on what "that" was. He gave me a nasty stare and was gone. At least I know that my Kooks full length headers sound good! Lol

Scottina06 10-12-2013 12:26 AM

Re: the man is trying to keep me down

boss.man 10-12-2013 01:55 AM

LOL well you nailed one of the signs of a good exhaust (in no particular order)
1) pisses of the po po
2) sets off car alarms
3) makes dogs and babies go nuts

:thumbsup:

houtex 10-12-2013 05:27 AM

I am the PO PO.

And I apologize for po po everywhere.

Not all of us are that bad.

You did the "right" thing though. Sounds like the kind of guy that would've wrote you just cuz you challenged him.

The problem I find with "my kind " is that some of us were nothing else but police. I mean they have never had a job other than police work and they started at the wise age of 20 and still lived with mom and dad while getting on the job. No real other experience in the world except for being PO PO. Never really learned to talk with people, just learned to talk to suspects.

RockstarSRT 10-12-2013 10:56 AM

Great advertisement for kooks! lol
Sadly, some guys on the job aren't there because they have always wanted to be there, or to help people. They are there because they were powerless as kids, and, likely picked on frequently. Now, they use their badge every opportunity they get to flex. It's a small percentage, but they are out there. Sounds like your exhaust and flashy ride brought back some painful memories of a jock that used to give him wedgies in high school.

Artofnoize 10-12-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 909073)
I am the PO PO.

And I apologize for po po everywhere.

Not all of us are that bad.

You did the "right" thing though. Sounds like the kind of guy that would've wrote you just cuz you challenged him.

The problem I find with "my kind " is that some of us were nothing else but police. I mean they have never had a job other than police work and they started at the wise age of 20 and still lived with mom and dad while getting on the job. No real other experience in the world except for being PO PO. Never really learned to talk with people, just learned to talk to suspects.

No disrespect intended but you are correct, he wanted to be the bully. Most of the police officers I have dealt with have been very professional. For me, this had been a rare occurrence.

YFD_322 10-12-2013 06:37 PM

I have to noticed the attention this one has. After 18 Mustangs with 4 Shelby's, Caliber SRT4, WRX...etc this one seems to attract the best of the best. Already had a run in with someone, almost to police action.

EviL 10-14-2013 04:33 AM

nice job with the popo's

IS THERE NO ONE with only KOOKs Catback !!!
they all have to be with the full headers :P

EviL 10-14-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss.man (Post 909058)
LOL well you nailed one of the signs of a good exhaust (in no particular order)
1) pisses of the po po
2) sets off car alarms
3) makes dogs and babies go nuts

:thumbsup:

does that apply to ur borla's? :p

boss.man 10-14-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 910142)
does that apply to ur borla's? :p

LOL! nailed the first one, and I'm working (hard) on the 2nd and 3rd one

Artofnoize 10-14-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EviL (Post 910141)
nice job with the popo's

IS THERE NO ONE with only KOOKs Catback !!!
they all have to be with the full headers :P

I'm going full system by Wednesday. Pulling off my borla atak. I'll be sure to see if that police officer likes this one better. Lol