Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Trim sticks - removing interior trim. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/trim-sticks-removing-interior-trim-6660.html)

brent 02-17-2010 10:14 PM

Trim sticks - removing interior trim.

Having pulled off my door panels more times than I probably should have for as long as I've had owned this Jeep, I finally picked up a set of these at Harbor Freight for 7 bucks.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/pho...5499/95432.gif

The tool second to the left is great for getting underneath the fastener itself instead of using the panel fastener mounts for leverage. The dealer broke one of those fastener retaining mounts on my driver's door panel pulling it off without using one of these. Anyway, if you're going to be removing your interior trim panels more than once, probably best to spend 7 bucks and get a set of these. Who knows what you can use the other four tools for! :)

Scottina06 02-17-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Trim sticks - removing interior trim.

I used the 3rd or 4th one from the left to remove my chrome door moldings.....took like 4 minutes and NO broken clips....

Matt 02-18-2010 07:44 AM

Yeah those are a must have for puling the interior a apart!

Good find on the price! Harbor Freight usually has some good deals.

Frankie 02-18-2010 07:47 AM

Are they plastic?

Scottina06 02-18-2010 08:06 AM

yes...plastic. soft but hard enough to use.....LOL...that was funny

Matt 02-18-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 153170)
soft but hard enough to use

Must be an old man thing, HAHAHAHA! jk :D :p

Scottina06 02-18-2010 09:15 AM

yeah....an ED thing

Matt 02-18-2010 09:17 AM

:D

:p

brent 02-18-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 153159)
Yeah those are a must have for puling the interior a apart!

Good find on the price! Harbor Freight usually has some good deals.

Ya - you gotta know when to use Harbor Freight and when to spend the a little extra $$$ somewhere else. This "5 piece set" seemed like one of those moments.

It looks like the Mopar C-4755 trim stick is flat. I couldn't find a real picture of it anyway, just a drawing of it in the TSBs. These have some straight secitons and a couple of angles. So with the right tool in this set, you can get under some of the fasteners and pop them off without putting too much pressure on the surrounding plastic.

Matt 02-18-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent (Post 153242)
Ya - you gotta know when to use Harbor Freight and when to spend the a little extra $$$ somewhere else. This "5 piece set" seemed like one of those moments.

It looks like the Mopar C-4755 trim stick is flat. I couldn't find a real picture of it anyway, just a drawing of it in the TSBs. These have some straight secitons and a couple of angles. So with the right tool in this set, you can get under some of the fasteners and pop them off without putting too much pressure on the surrounding plastic.

Yeah, HF sometimes has some cheap stuff at attractive prices. But this seems like a good deal.

They make puller things apart soo much easier.

brent 02-18-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 153248)
Yeah, HF sometimes has some cheap stuff at attractive prices. But this seems like a good deal.

Yeah man, who knew Pittsburg was in China!? I still can't help myself when I'm there to walk around and look at all stuff they got.

Matt 02-18-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent (Post 153262)
Yeah man, who knew Pittsburg was in China!?

LOL - Pittsburgh sounds o much more tough!! haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent (Post 153262)
I still can't help myself when I'm there to walk around and look at all stuff they got.

Nice, the warehouse is local to you?