Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   pics of me having some fun in mud (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pics-of-me-having-some-fun-in-mud-66604.html)

jeep5.7 10-12-2013 07:50 AM

pics of me having some fun in mud

5 Attachment(s)
yesterday I went and played in some mud trying out the 4x4,kinda surprised on how well it worked even with the limited slip,only thing is a wish u could disable all the traction control to really have fun

Dome 10-12-2013 10:34 AM

Re: pics of me having some fun in mud

:thumbsup:

Keep it up!

hardy616 10-12-2013 11:38 AM

Is this a limited or summit? Did you change the grills? Looks great! How hard to change that?

AAAA 10-12-2013 01:36 PM

You're lucky as mud is the worst. However it appears you went fast enough to not get stuck!

jeep5.7 10-12-2013 04:48 PM

hardy its a 2014 Laredo with limited lower chrome and a summit grille,45$ conversion for both pieces,i did them when I had the bumper installing the hid head n fogs,very very easy

AAAA\-- why is mud bad for the drivetrain?i put it in sport mode with esp off,i had to drive it pretty hard to override the abs kicking on,wish there was just off,i want to control the spinning lol

my buddies said I cant believe you did that to your new jeep,my reply was its more than a grocery getter,its a jeep,lol,this is what there really made for,but I was concerened when I first eneterd the trail haha not knowing the 14's capability,i knew my other 3 were phenomal

hardy616 10-12-2013 05:21 PM

Awesome! Where did u buy the grills? I wanna do the same to my jeep!

hardy616 10-12-2013 05:38 PM

Is this what I need? 2014 Summit Chrome Honeycomb Grill Inserts

How to install this to my limited? Thx!

jeep5.7 10-12-2013 07:25 PM

same install as mine,35$ for the grille and 18$ for the lower chrome at your local dealer,i had to wait about 4 weeks but worth it imo that was about 3 months ago,there are threads on here about the grille and lower chrome install without takin the bumper off but you need mouse hands lol,just take it off trust me,10mm nut,2 pastic rivets on each side that you need to cut off with a razor,2 push pins each side for the wheel liner,2 push pins each side for the wheel molding,take that off partciall by pulling out gently,4 quarter turn fastners underneath front,i put masking tape around fender and bumper to protect it,start on one side pulling out gently then moving around front then other side very very easy,comes right off,just don't do it when its really cold out,dont forget to disconnect fogs,you can get a plastic rivet gun at haborfrieght for 16$ with 40 rivets,just dive in and don't be scared,its real easy,at that time you can do your hids too haha,thats when you want too,any questions pm me

hardy616 10-12-2013 09:07 PM

Still sounds complex to me... But I will search for that and hopefully it comes with some pictures. Thx for the info! Love the honeycomb!

AAAA 10-14-2013 08:07 AM

I meant mud is the worst to drive in... very easy to sink and get stuck.

Chunderboy 10-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy616 (Post 909433)
Is this what I need? 2014 Summit Chrome Honeycomb Grill Inserts

How to install this to my limited? Thx!

Would that fit the 2013? If so, I would just get the chrome one and plasti-dip it to have it mach the grill anyway

jeep5.7 10-14-2013 07:54 PM

im not sure I think the 13's are a two piece grille,meaning there separate from the bumper while mine is one piece,the whole bumper n grille is one unit