Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   License plate frame won't fit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/license-plate-frame-wont-fit-66621.html)

vertrkr 10-12-2013 03:09 PM

License plate frame won't fit
 
3 Attachment(s)
I found there is little room behind the rear view camera housing for a license plate frame. My favorite one won't fit and looks like only the thinnest of frames might fit.

Having no frame that fits now, I whipped out my trusty copper paint pen and made the appearance of a frame. That plate isn't going to last long anyway. California is bringing back its legacy plates for a short time and I ordered the cool black one from the 1960's.

JoeyD 10-12-2013 08:51 PM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
I'm going to have to add "paint pen" to the list of must have "repair" tools:

1) Duct Tape
2) Caulk
3) Paint Pen

:thumbsup:

Immo 10-12-2013 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My old frame didn't fit. Got this is as a replacement.



Attachment 30236

Laureljoke 10-12-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 909516)
I'm going to have to add "paint pen" to the list of must have "repair" tools:

1) Duct Tape
2) Caulk
3) Paint Pen

:thumbsup:

Excellent list. I continue to be impressed with Vertrkr's creativity and attention to detail, and when he finishes with his Durango I can't imagine what he will do next.

Bikemobile 10-13-2013 09:58 AM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
Love those old black and yellow plates.

Gqjeff 10-13-2013 11:12 AM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
Love the mopar plate cover. Where did you score that?

Immo 10-13-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gqjeff (Post 909755)
Love the mopar plate cover. Where did you score that?

Amazon

Immo 10-13-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 909532)
Excellent list. I continue to be impressed with Vertrkr's creativity and attention to detail, and when he finishes with his Durango I can't imagine what he will do next.

I would concur!

Laureljoke 10-13-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Immo (Post 909759)

I would concur!

Was going to suggest a stint on Pimp My Ride.....but I didn't want to offend ( I AM one of his biggest fans), and I'm not sure if that show even still exists. Vertrkr already knows if he lived closer I'd let him pimp my ride, or at least have some fun with paint lens and installing the door sill guards I ordered.

vertrkr 10-13-2013 01:00 PM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 909799)
Was going to suggest a stint on Pimp My Ride.....but I didn't want to offend ( I AM one of his biggest fans), and I'm not sure if that show even still exists. Vertrkr already knows if he lived closer I'd let him pimp my ride, or at least have some fun with paint lens and installing the door sill guards I ordered.

Ha, I did enjoy that show, not sure about the quality of their work but it was entertaining. I'd love to help ya out Laurel but alas I can only offer advice. I'm no expert but I can paint and make things stick :D

davewg 10-13-2013 08:51 PM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 909806)
Ha, I did enjoy that show, not sure about the quality of their work but it was entertaining. I'd love to help ya out Laurel but alas I can only offer advice. I'm no expert but I can paint and make things stick :D

Paint and glue. A man's best friend...after band aids!

Gtaz19 10-21-2013 08:57 AM

Re: License plate frame won't fit
 
I took a hack saw to my plate frame and cut out a sectioninthe top middle to make it fit, looks like it was made for the car.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community