Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Help w audio sys 06 laredo. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/help-w-audio-sys-06-laredo-66627.html)

jeepbaby1 10-12-2013 05:46 PM

Help w audio sys 06 laredo.

Ok I have an 06 laredo with a stock radio unit. The aux plug in is completely broken now and I hate cds. I dont want to replace it with the same stock unit. I was told it holds a 1din by car toys over the phone but I just want verification on this, and if that is true, am I limited to just a 1din or are there ways around that without going custom?

I definitely want bluetooth and an aux plug as well as a cd player. I want to find my own online and get it installed bc im a 21 yr old girl and I dont know how to do that unfortunately.
Also do these audio systems come with navigation or should I get a nav system and do those come with bluetooth, cd, aux? I guess I can just use BT to play my music but I want the option of an aux, and a cd player.

so besides the audio player, what additional parts do I need to complete the installation? These places are so overly expensive I want to get the parts myself too and just have them install it.

any info would be great, its about time to make some upgrades to my baby!

ov845 03-08-2014 08:25 PM

I have '04 Laredo with a stock unit. I added bluetooth & satellite radio using a adapter & bluetooth kit from Grom Audio. I can now stream audio, answer & make calls, use Siri for navigation. I installed it myself. It took about 1 1/2 hours. Hope this helps.

Strongjeff 03-08-2014 08:33 PM

Re: Help w audio sys 06 laredo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepbaby1 (Post 909436)
Ok I have an 06 laredo with a stock radio unit. The aux plug in is completely broken now and I hate cds. I dont want to replace it with the same stock unit. I was told it holds a 1din by car toys over the phone but I just want verification on this, and if that is true, am I limited to just a 1din or are there ways around that without going custom?

I definitely want bluetooth and an aux plug as well as a cd player. I want to find my own online and get it installed bc im a 21 yr old girl and I dont know how to do that unfortunately.
Also do these audio systems come with navigation or should I get a nav system and do those come with bluetooth, cd, aux? I guess I can just use BT to play my music but I want the option of an aux, and a cd player.

so besides the audio player, what additional parts do I need to complete the installation? These places are so overly expensive I want to get the parts myself too and just have them install it.

any info would be great, its about time to make some upgrades to my baby!

its a 2 din, but it will take a 1 din with pocket

ov845 03-08-2014 10:41 PM

The bluetooth kit connects to the AUX1 & Satellite tuner on AUX2. The system works well. The radio I have is a RAZ AM/FM CASS CD + CD Changer control. I don't have a changer.