Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   auto,sport,race (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/auto-sport-race-66651.html)

YFD_322 10-13-2013 03:14 PM

auto,sport,race

Can someone explain exactly the difference between the auto,sport,race options and what happens when one is chosen. Also I have chosen sport and then shifted down the shifter and the flag shows up, is there a difference here?

jbjones85 10-13-2013 03:48 PM

I'm sure someone will give you a more detailed analysis but it changes the following:

Torque split front to rear
Throttle response
Transmission Shift rpm/speed
Suspension firmness
Level at which the "nannies" come in

Mr GCSRT8 10-15-2013 02:09 PM

Re: auto,sport,race

Auto: The active suspension will adjust compression and rebound damping every 30 ms based on input from multiple sensors in the vehicle. The torque split is 40% front and 60% rear. The engine and trans control modules are in a standard calibration mode. Fuel Saver (Cylinder Deactivation) is active. ECO mode is available by pushing the button on the center stack

Note: Pulling the shifter back allows the vehicle to stay in Auto mode with Sport Shifting Calibration and no Fuel Saver. you will see a green sport shifting flag flag on the left side of the cluster.

Sport: The Active suspension is set at standard compression and firm rebound. The suspension still adjust to input from multiple sensors and adjust every 30 ms. The torque split ie 35% Front and 65% rear. The engine and transmission are in Sport calibration mode. You will see Sport mode light in the upper left corner of the cluster and the green transmission sport shifting flag on the right side of the cluster. Fuel Saver is not available in sport mode.

Track: The Suspension is set in full firm compression and rebound and is not active. If the vehicle get into very rough road condition the system will reduce damping momentarily to allow the tires to gain traction with the road and then return to full firm. The torque split is 30% front and 70% rear. The engine and transmission calibration are unique for track. You will see Track mode light in the upper left of the cluster and the sporting shifting flag on the right side of the cluster. Traction control is turned off. ESC can be turned off by holding the ESC button down for 5 seconds while stopped.

Also note that the ELSD rear axle responds differently in each mode.

The SRT Select Track system is a very complicated hardware and software system that allows you to taylor your Jeep to your exact needs. Just remember that no matter what task or driving event you may be doing in you JEEP SRT, The SRT Select Track system always has your back. Enjoy!!

Niva 10-15-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GCSRT8 (Post 911152)
The SRT Select Track system is a very complicated hardware and software system that allows you to taylor your Jeep to your exact needs. Just remember that no matter what task or driving event you may be doing in you JEEP SRT, The SRT Select Track system always has your back. Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for your post, it's insightful.

I feel a definite difference in the suspension between Auto and Sport mode. Your post didn't seem to indicate what the difference is but my butt tells me the ride is firmer and there's less rebound. Is there any ways to set the suspension settings from Sport mode and transfer those to the Auto profile?

Do you know, if there is a way, to set the ECO to always ON by default while in Auto?

Thanks!

DCRSRT 10-15-2013 09:13 PM

I'm just sayin'....... if you want ECO on all the time..... buy a diesel!

Niva 10-15-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCRSRT (Post 911413)

Did I say I want ECO on all the time? No. If you wanted to be snide, might as well not have commented at all.

It is a serious question. In most normal driving conditions I find the vehicle in auto with ECO on perfectly fine, if I need to pass something I press the gas pedal and while the response isn't as quick as in Sport/Track modes it is very sufficient to get by most other vehicles on the road. It is a rather odd thing that this is not programmable and capable of being set in the options.

Same thing like starting up in Auto by default on the Select Track. Why does the vehicle not remember what it was in when it was shut down?

Why can't that be set to always start in Sport/Track mode by default after pushing the power on button?

I don't know the answers to these questions, might be that's just what we have to live with.

DCRSRT 10-16-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niva (Post 911368)
Do you know, if there is a way, to set the ECO to always ON by default while in Auto?

Well actually you did say you want it always on :rolleyes:

I meant no disrespect, just that if your buying an SUV with 470hp then why would you want ECO, especially in Texas with oil fields everywhere (yes I've been there). If you really do want it on all the time by default, then back trade into a 2012 model that does have it on by default.

:thumbsup:

Artofnoize 10-16-2013 12:09 AM

It's just a button press away. I've personally never even tried mine but that's me. Each to their own.

mrmaker 10-16-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCRSRT (Post 911413)

I've got my own ECO mode, i launch from the lights and let it cruise to the next set:lol:

DCRSRT 10-16-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaker (Post 911559)
I've got my own ECO mode, i launch from the lights and let it cruise to the next set:lol:

Yes, I sometimes have an ECO mode as well. She sits in the passenger seat on occasion ;)

Scottina06 10-16-2013 07:39 AM

The eco button will never be used on my truck....lol

RAC88 10-16-2013 09:34 AM

I've never used ECO mode either. Hahaha