Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Carmax new car pricing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/carmax-new-car-pricing-66686.html)

zcct04 10-14-2013 12:04 PM

Carmax new car pricing

CarMax sells Jeeps at their Norcross GA location. Cherokee pricing isn't posted yet, but some of the other Jeeps I scanned are priced around 4% under invoice. Has anyone ever purchased a new car from them?

AZhiCntry 10-14-2013 12:16 PM

Re: Carmax new car pricing

Under retail invoice or dealer invoice? If under retail invoice that's not good deal!

zcct04 10-14-2013 12:47 PM

Beats me - Carmax, KBB, Edmunds all list just one invoice price.

emok 10-14-2013 07:27 PM

i was pricing out some grand cherokees loaded which topped out at about 48.. invoice was about 46 and carmax prices was about 44 so they are about 10% off sems like invoice is about 5% off and cRmax was about another 4-5%. maybe there are some incentives of 1k in it. I found a jeep aler with a lifetime powertrain (3rd party) but might be better than nothing and may be a differentiator if prices can be matched. Personally im looking at a new cherokee and if i dont like it may go grand if it doesnt work out

providenceautos 10-15-2013 07:29 AM

People make too much of a mystery out of "invoice." If you have a good upfront dealer, he will show you the factory invoice and give you a good deal relative to that. I do this every day.

lovebohn 10-15-2013 10:01 AM

Is factory invoice the same as dealer cost?

I much rather purchase with green sheet prices from family who work for Chrysler. It's the best deal you will get and there is no BS on the sale, its just one of those perks I wish everyone could have.

AZhiCntry 10-15-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebohn (Post 910992)
Is factory invoice the same as dealer cost?

I much rather purchase with green sheet prices from family who work for Chrysler. It's the best deal you will get and there is no BS on the sale, its just one of those perks I wish everyone could have.

No. Even if sold at factory invoice the dealer is making considerable profit. Many people on this forum have bought '14 JGC at 4-6% under dealer invoice and some have gotten better deals than that.
Joining a Chrysler affiliate group like Tread Lightly will get you 1% under dealer invoice at many dealers with no hassel and then you can negotiate from there.

Dealer invoice and MSRP pricing can be found here:http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2014_pricing.htm

zcct04 10-15-2013 10:46 PM

. . . and CarMax appears to be ~3% under Tread Lightly price for GC and JKU. Will be interesting to see if they can go that low on Cherokee.

emok 10-16-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcct04 (Post 911451)
. . . and CarMax appears to be ~3% under Tread Lightly price for GC and JKU. Will be interesting to see if they can go that low on Cherokee.

what is the Tread Lightly pricing.. Is that the same as the afiliate pricing ?

barnettdlb 10-16-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcct04 (Post 911451)

you should be able to get any rebates offered in addition to the TL price.

CarMax has built that all in as the discount.

They do not charge a dealer fee either.

zcct04 10-16-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emok (Post 911722)
what is the Tread Lightly pricing.. Is that the same as the afiliate pricing ?

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 911975)
you should be able to get any rebates offered in addition to the TL price.

I've not seen any rebates that Cherokee is specifically eligible for. Have you?

blackpepper 10-16-2013 08:38 PM

Anyone ever heard of this? I see their name on new car plates (prior to receiving license plates) all the time. They drive a good bargain.

Cartelligent