Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Advance Tech Package w/Stop (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-advance-tech-package-w-stop-66712.html)

mac5217 10-14-2013 08:59 PM

2014 Advance Tech Package w/Stop

Just wanted to a quick post about Advance Tech package w/stop. I was on fence on weather I needed it or not. Anyone on the fence about getting it...do it! especially if you do any sort of Highway driving. Living in NY, it works amazing even in heavy traffic conditions. I figure it probably even helps with better mpg having it, in the long run will pay for itself.

Mac

emok 10-14-2013 09:58 PM

will it stop the car ? i was test driving a xc60 and the guy had me drive 20 mpg to some plastic barrels.. It stopped the car but then released the brakes after a moment. ut it was impressive. Can the GC do something similar ? wife has a 2004 sienna so i became hooked on the adaptive cruise control for trips. Suprised so few vehicles today dont even have that available and the ones that have it available add the crash mitigation function which im impressed with.

mswlogo 10-14-2013 10:08 PM

Re: 2014 Advance Tech Package w/Stop

I would have got it, if they didn't include the stupid pano sub roof. I could have dealt with the simple sun roof (even though I didn't really want to pay for one), but the pano sun roof, no way.

plynn7 10-15-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emok (Post 910683)
will it stop the car ? i was test driving a xc60 and the guy had me drive 20 mpg to some plastic barrels.. It stopped the car but then released the brakes after a moment. ut it was impressive. Can the GC do something similar ? wife has a 2004 sienna so i became hooked on the adaptive cruise control for trips. Suprised so few vehicles today dont even have that available and the ones that have it available add the crash mitigation function which im impressed with.

Yes as long as it has the stop feature, it will bring the Jeep to a full stop and at that point you have to apply the brakes, but if the traffic begins to move with in a second or so of stopping the Jeep will resume speed. The stop feature was just added at the end of July builds, so you will see ACC and ACC with stop on dealer lots. The older ACC will only bring the Jeep down to I believe 15 or 20 MPH before you have to apply the brakes with the stop feature the Jeep will come to complete stop.

Jim_in_PA 10-15-2013 08:30 AM

These features are not meant to turn your vehicle into a robot...their advantage is at potentially being faster to react than you are while ultimately leaving the responsibility for controlling things to the driver.

Booze_Traveler 10-15-2013 08:39 AM

It works quite well in Pigeon Forge traffic. Any of you who have driven through Pigeon Forge in the summer know how it's slow moving, with tourons in their 15-passenger vans darting across three lanes of traffic because they decided to go to *that* pancake house instead of the pancake house on the other side of the road. I tried it out the last time just for S&G when I was headed back to our Knoxville house from our Gatlinburg place and it worked great. The dash will warn you when it's getting ready to release the brake. It's quite the bit of engineering.

emok 10-15-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plynn7 (Post 910925)
Yes as long as it has the stop feature, it will bring the Jeep to a full stop and at that point you have to apply the brakes, but if the traffic begins to move with in a second or so of stopping the Jeep will resume speed. The stop feature was just added at the end of July builds, so you will see ACC and ACC with stop on dealer lots. The older ACC will only bring the Jeep down to I believe 15 or 20 MPH before you have to apply the brakes with the stop feature the Jeep will come to complete stop.

thanks for the clarification. i have been rear ended before and i would hate to accidently do this to someone. These advanced features seem very useful. Can the acc be upgraded to acc with stop using a software upgrade ?

plynn7 10-15-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emok (Post 911021)
thanks for the clarification. i have been rear ended before and i would hate to accidently do this to someone. These advanced features seem very useful. Can the acc be upgraded to acc with stop using a software upgrade ?

I believe it has been discussed elsewhere on Jeepgrarge, that the system is not upgradeable with just software.

Zoggan 10-16-2013 10:42 AM

Does this Stop enhancement apply the brakes during a Collision Avoidance event in addition to stopping the vehicle when using the ACC system?

Zoggan 10-18-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoggan (Post 911668)
Does this Stop enhancement apply the brakes during a Collision Avoidance event in addition to stopping the vehicle when using the ACC system?

Anyone??

f1anatic 10-18-2013 12:42 PM

the answer is Yes.

Zoggan 10-18-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1anatic (Post 912993)
the answer is Yes.

If that's the case I'm not so sure I want it with the "stop" feature. I have had 3 instances now in the 6 weeks or so that I've owned my Overland that the FCW system said "brake!" This was caused by my driving in a lane that had cars on either side of the Jeep but NOT directly in front of me. I would not have wanted the brakes activated at that point! Mine is a mid July build and was not equipped with stop. Maybe I'm not so bummed I didn't get it??