Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Dashboard and Uconnect screen went dim (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/dashboard-and-uconnect-screen-went-dim-66717.html)

Jjhohan 10-15-2013 02:39 AM

Dashboard and Uconnect screen went dim

2 day old Laredo MY2014 CRD - Travelling home in bright sunshine...suddenly the dash and uconnect screen goes dim...cant see the speed.... nothing.....

The right hand switch that brings up brightness....moved it to full and we have dashboard and uconnect screen light again.

Anyone had this one ?

Got the car booked in for the 30th for the A/C keeps blowing hot, Cruise control cuts out, ...I will add this to the list.

WATacoRider 10-15-2013 02:55 AM

Re: Dashboard and Uconnect screen went dim

Is your headlights on auto? D maybe sensor glitches and turned on your headlights, which dimmed your dash and console?

Jjhohan 10-15-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATacoRider (Post 910828)
Is your headlights on auto? D maybe sensor glitches and turned on your headlights, which dimmed your dash and console?

WATacoRider yeah they were on Auto....you might be right about the sensor ....as come to think of it....went through a dark shady spot ...noticed it soon after....

SNUKE 10-15-2013 05:40 AM

Many have talked about it in the general Aus thread, most seem to either turn auto off, or just live with the overly sensitive sensor.
I would prefer my auto lights on much earlier than required than the 20-30 mins later than I wanted on my last car.

Jjhohan 10-15-2013 06:13 AM

Yeah I could just use the manual settings I guess.... the thing is with the Auto ...it was quick to to turn on the headlights and dim the dash and uconnect screen going through shade...but then did not react to the bright sunshine to turn the headlights back off.

Repeating the journey this week..will see how it reacts to the same route.

Jjhohan 10-16-2013 02:23 AM

So it happened again today..this time in bright sunlight..... out for about five minutes then switched back to normal whilst travelling in shade

ENFORCER 10-16-2013 02:49 AM

This is why I never have my lights on Auto. They turn on when it is still light, looks like it is the same with the '14

SJandL 10-16-2013 03:08 AM

Yeah - same thing on our '14 Overland. I don't mind the sensitivity though.

Re: Your Climate Control issue though, if your Laredo is only 2 days old, shouldn't your dealer have applied the TSB that came out a number of weeks ago that fixes that issue before you took delivery?

Jjhohan 10-16-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJandL (Post 911537)
Re: Your Climate Control issue though, if your Laredo is only 2 days old, shouldn't your dealer have applied the TSB that came out a number of weeks ago that fixes that issue before you took delivery?

Yeah Absolutely they (the dealers) should have fixed it up before the delivery...when questioned he said ..he didn't think it applied to our car.... its just another case of a dealer not doing the right thing.

Hopefully the climate issue gets fixed on the 30th Oct....its already getting too hot not to have it on.

Jjhohan 10-16-2013 04:34 AM

Out of curiosity ...anyone know where the light sensor for this is located on the vehicle..?

...just wanting to eyeball it ..just in case there is perhaps debris or such like....and perhaps could do some testing ..with partially covering it etc..

DCRSRT 10-16-2013 06:29 AM

Little round "dome" on the top of your dash.

Jjhohan 10-16-2013 06:33 AM

Thanks DCRSRT....had a thought that might be it..will do some testing ...my JGC is white....perhaps its about reflections ?!