Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   7 seater? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/7-seater-66719.html)

Matty470 10-15-2013 04:41 AM

7 seater?
 
Was just on another forum that I frequent and I noticed a post on there saying that they were waiting to order a new 7 seater Jeep petrol V8 next year.

Anyone know anything about this?

SNUKE 10-15-2013 05:42 AM

Re: 7 seater?
 
Grand Wagoneer, was due to be released this year, but now postponed until 2015.
They will push the Durango instead as a 7 seater and get that to build up.

A Durango is basically just a Grand Cherokee with 7 seats from my very limited understanding.
Don't expect to see the Durango in Aus as they will not want to take attention away from the GC.


Edit: here is a little article about the date change and overall Jeep plans.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...#axzz2hmoi0PXz

Matty470 10-15-2013 10:39 PM

Re: 7 seater?
 
Thought that was the case. Confirms everything I've read also.
He was adamant that he has been talking to Jeep and it will be available next year.

No doubt another dealer talking out their a55

SNUKE 10-16-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty470 (Post 911446)
No doubt another dealer talking out their a55

Or just doesn't have the update on the delay.

Brett 10-17-2013 05:07 AM

Re: 7 seater?
 
I used to own a Jeep Commander (basically a 7 seat Grand Cherokee but shaped like a brick). It was a great vehicle.
Durango's look OK, but I don't think they are a real 4x4.
A shame that a 7 seater Jeep has been delayed yet again...

Mikericci 10-17-2013 10:05 AM

Isn't the 7 seater just going to be a Dudango with Jeep grill, QT2 and air suspension? Or is it likely to be a whole new vehicle sitting on the platform if the next GCs?

lstowell 10-17-2013 05:48 PM

Re: 7 seater?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikericci (Post 912270)
Isn't the 7 seater just going to be a Dudango with Jeep grill, QT2 and air suspension? Or is it likely to be a whole new vehicle sitting on the platform if the next GCs?

Check out the rendering of the Wagoneer at allpar

News: Wagoneer vs Durango vs Caravan

I hate to be unkind, but the grille just looks way too much like the 60s era wagoneers. The fake woodie strip I might get used to, but that grille belongs on an Edsel, not a modern Jeep.

SNUKE 10-17-2013 08:23 PM

Re: 7 seater?
 
horrid

hummer recovery team 10-17-2013 09:04 PM

I own a commander 7 seater also great vehicle

Brett 10-18-2013 03:17 AM

Re: 7 seater?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 912549)
Check out the rendering of the Wagoneer at allpar

News: Wagoneer vs Durango vs Caravan

I hate to be unkind, but the grille just looks way too much like the 60s era wagoneers. The fake woodie strip I might get used to, but that grille belongs on an Edsel, not a modern Jeep.

Disgusting. However I have now seen several artists impressions, and that is the worst looking yet. Let's also hope it doesn't look like the latest Cherokee...

zeprider25 10-18-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 912775)

Disgusting. However I have now seen several artists impressions, and that is the worst looking yet. Let's also hope it doesn't look like the latest Cherokee...

i just threw up. and i thought the new cherokee was ugly!

DCRSRT 10-18-2013 04:39 AM

Re: 7 seater?
 
Is it just me or does it look similar to the Canyonaro that Homer Simpson came up with?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community