Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Just got my 2014 SRT, few questions.. LOOK IN PLEASE. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/just-got-my-2014-srt-few-questions-look-in-please-66728.html)

cyanideg 10-15-2013 11:08 AM

Just got my 2014 SRT, few questions.. LOOK IN PLEASE.

I am very impressed with this new Jeep, I got the 2014 in White and i am very pleased. I had a couple questions though, please help me:

1. Is there a feature in the Evic/Radio which will auto lock your Jeep on exit after a certain period of time?

2. How do the headlamp washers work?

3. Anyone know if a 128GB SD Card will work in the slot? If so can you confirm a brand and model?

4. Anyone know the code to turn off the seatbelt chime?

5. Any way to get video on the Nav screen using an iphone or ipod or other device?

Scottina06 10-15-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Just got my 2014 SRT, few questions.. LOOK IN PLEASE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 911027)
I am very impressed with this new Jeep, I got the 2014 in White and i am very pleased. I had a couple questions though, please help me:

1. Is there a feature in the Evic/Radio which will auto lock your Jeep on exit after a certain period of time?

3. Anyone know if a 128GB SD Card will work in the slot? If so can you confirm a brand and model?

5. Any way to get video on the Nav screen using an iphone or ipod or other device?

2-the headlight washers work every 5th time you push the washer knob

no idea on the rest...lol

CNY_WK2 10-15-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

#4 - Disabled-seat-belt-chime-on-2014-jgc

phillysrt 10-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

**1 ~ the doors will automatically lock after so many minutes...i know this because the other night i forgot to lock my doors when i came in for the night and i said the hell with it....woke up the next morning and they were locked...so either a really nice stranger came by and locked my doors or they do it automatically.

**3 ~ the 128gb card will work... i bought a 64 and it was fine...buddy of mine has a 128 in his overland and that works fine.

hope this helps

cyanideg 10-15-2013 01:46 PM

thx guys

Lankness 10-15-2013 03:12 PM

Mine stays unlocked in the garage every night...so I'm not sure what would have autolocked yours Dom :)

Unless there is an option that I've never seen, which is certainly possible.

cyanideg 10-15-2013 03:14 PM

There are a few option in the settings on the NAV screen, not sure though. My GF has a caddy that will auto lock after you leave the car so if anyone knows for sure on this it would be great. also is there any way to keep ECO always on and turn off when you want? instead of the other way around?

Lankness 10-15-2013 03:28 PM

I wish there was a choice with the ECO, but you have to turn it on each time you get into the vehicle.

The other thing you may find would be nice - a notification of the Launch Control RPM setting. I'm fine with it resetting to 2k at each start, but throw it in the EVIC as you're changing it!

SNUKE 10-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 911138)
**3 ~ the 128gb card will work... i bought a 64 and it was fine...buddy of mine has a 128 in his overland and that works fine.

This is great news, I had seen several posts saying that SDXC cards would not work, only SDHC (32GB and less).

Niva 10-15-2013 07:46 PM

I have a 32GB card (Kingston - which is my king of memory products company) and my UConnect does not seem to like it. Sometimes it work, and sometimes it doesn't. The contents of the card are there but much of the time it causes my entire Media section to not function so I generally keep the SD card disconnected. Right now I'm enjoying the SXM access while it lasts, once that runs out I'm hoping a software update of the system may resolve my intermittent issue.

I also wish the Eco was always on by default (or at least settable that way in options) while in Auto mode.

I wish the suspension settings were independent from the engine/transmission/ETC settings. I like the firmer ride in sport mode over auto but I've not even figured out yet if it's possible to do any of this. Track mode settings are a bit harsh IMO for regular road usage... at least on Houston streets.