Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   My poor Jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my-poor-jeep-66739.html)

joenjulie 10-15-2013 01:49 PM

My poor Jeep

6 Attachment(s)
:mad: Some lady at my wife's work, forgot to put her manual transmission car in gear after lunch...well this is the aftermath of the car rolling down the parking garage a bit, and hitting the passenger side. At least it's cosmetic, it just managed to get the door, fender, wheel well trim, and rocker panel, and the paint is cracked across most of the bottom of the door, and the fender has bare metal. Was getting ready to maybe swap it for a new diesel, now I gotta get her fixed...want to drop-kick the stupid lady! :nutkick::fryingpan:

blackpepper 10-15-2013 01:54 PM

Re: My poor Jeep

That'll buff out.. jk

So sorry to hear, had similar damage to mine a few months ago. All repaired $4000 later via other driver's insurance. Make sure you get an alignment with the repairs!

Chunderboy 10-15-2013 02:01 PM

Man, that must have made an awful sound. Sorry to hear that brother, but it will all get fixed in due time.

mswlogo 10-15-2013 02:11 PM

I'll bet alignment is still fine. My policy is, don't fix what ain't broke.

A day off road will see much worse than that to the suspension.

Good luck getting it fixed.

Good autobody shops are masters these days.

lstowell 10-15-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 911143)
That'll buff out.. jk

So sorry to hear, had similar damage to mine a few months ago. All repaired $4000 later via other driver's insurance. Make sure you get an alignment with the repairs!

I'd ask your dealer where they send their bodywork if they don't have a body shop on site.

Otherwise you might get a repair that looks good, but in a couple years starts flaking, cracking, etc. and costs you thousands in resale value. Happened to me in an RX-7 where I had bought crappy insurance that wouldn't allow a real body shop to repair.

Don't suppose you were asleep in the vehicle at the time and now have a severe case of whiplash.

blackpepper 10-15-2013 03:07 PM

I thought I read that a wheel was hit, but I re-read and saw it was the wheel well trim (re: alignment).

blackpepper 10-15-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 911179)
I'd ask your dealer where they send their bodywork if they don't have a body shop on site.

Otherwise you might get a repair that looks good, but in a couple years starts flaking, cracking, etc. and costs you thousands in resale value. Happened to me in an RX-7 where I had bought crappy insurance that wouldn't allow a real body shop to repair.

Don't suppose you were asleep in the vehicle at the time and now have a severe case of whiplash.

I use State Farm and IMHO, I go to the best shop in town: "Laura considers herself a consumer advocate, looking out for her clients' interests when it comes to dealing with insurance companies. For this reason, Laura refuses to be on any insurance company referral lists stating, “I prefer to fix cars the way I would fix my own car, not the way the insurance company wants, like cutting corners to save a few dollars”

http://www.bertollis.com/index.php/home/our-history The written lifetime guarantee doesn't hurt, either :)

joenjulie 10-15-2013 04:03 PM

My wife came out of work(they have their own police/fire depts.), and said, please don't let the commotion be for my car. I'm going to where my insurance guy said is the best, and did some custom work on his car(I detail his cars). Luckily the lady responsible, her insurance said go wherever you want, since it's just cosmetic, I'm telling the dealership for now since I'm looking to trade anyway. But, they also call me every few months asking for my cars since they are usually impeccable. It just sucks having to wash it and look at it up close, everytime i go into the garage about makes me sick.
My wife actually said to the cops, "my husband is gonna kill me", they looked at here and she was like, wait, that came out wrong, he isn't going to hurt me...maybe the owner of the other car though. She had an incident herself in the parking garage with her BMW last year taking a "shortcut", and I almost did kill her. I told her to say she was mentally "traumatized", "what if i was in the car?", "what if I was walking by, i could've been killed?"...wifey didn't play along.

joenjulie 10-15-2013 04:04 PM

I'm NOT telling the dealership for now

Chunderboy 10-15-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joenjulie (Post 911233)
I'm NOT telling the dealership for now

Yea, I would keep that on the DL

mswlogo 10-15-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 911192)
I thought I read that a wheel was hit, but I re-read and saw it was the wheel well trim (re: alignment).

Yeah, if that was the case yes.

I'm sure it was not moving all that fast and looks like it hit at a very shallow angle.

Should be all "cosmetic".

lstowell 10-15-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 911238)
Yea, I would keep that on the DL

It'll show up on CarFax or similar tracking system.