Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 JGC HID Headlights - Black Plastic Piece (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-jgc-hid-headlights-black-plastic-piece-66742.html)

JGCCAYENNE 10-15-2013 02:39 PM

2014 JGC HID Headlights - Black Plastic Piece

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know why there is a small black plastic/rubber piece underneath the headlight? I looked at 2014 models this weekend, and it appears to me that Jeep did not redesign the front-end for the new headlights. The front looks identical to the 2011 - 2013 models, but with a different headlight + LED running lights. Then they stuck a black plastic/rubber piece to close the gap.

Comments?

Tristar 10-15-2013 03:03 PM

Re: 2014 JGC HID Headlights - Black Plastic Piece

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGCCAYENNE (Post 911171)
Does anyone know why there is a small black plastic/rubber piece underneath the headlight? I looked at 2014 models this weekend, and it appears to me that Jeep did not redesign the front-end for the new headlights. The front looks identical to the 2011 - 2013 models, but with a different headlight + LED running lights. Then they stuck a black plastic/rubber piece to close the gap.

Comments?

Take another look, the front end is completely different for 14. (although similar in appearance) That being said, the black piece does indeed fill the gap where the standard '14 headlights typically sit. Maybe not the most graceful solution, but the look of the Overland/Summit/Lux Package lights with led ring more than make up for it in my opinion...

Scottina06 10-15-2013 03:06 PM

that piece is for the headlight washers on the higher end models

JGCCAYENNE 10-15-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 911191)
that piece is for the headlight washers on the higher end models

That actually makes sense.

Thanks.

Specx 10-15-2013 03:43 PM

Boy you should have been here when everyone first saw the headlights with that piece. The outrage (me included) that Jeep would even deface the headlights like this and released an unfinished product. Like Scott mentioned, it's for the washer on the Summit/SRT models and is a filler on the Overland/Limited w/LuxII. I've gotten over it and think it fits fine now that I'm use to seeing it.

Zoggan 10-15-2013 06:22 PM

I've mentioned it before that I hope something comes out in the aftermarket that would look at bit better. Not that I think it's ugly, just could be better. I'd even like to add the headlight washers to my Overland, but the factory option sounds too involved to add after the fact :(

MSCA 10-15-2013 06:54 PM

I think it's ugly too....so much so that if I go with a new 2014 Grand Cherokee, it will have to be a Limited model just because of the headlights.