Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   CRD stalling @ start up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/crd-stalling-start-up-66758.html)

grandcrd 10-16-2013 04:24 AM

CRD stalling @ start up

Hi Guys, have a 2012 Limited CRD & it stalls @ start up, probably 3 or 4 times a week. been to the dealers twice & problem not solved. Now they want me to book it in again & keep overnight to see if they can see the problem in the morning. not sure if this will work as it happens any time of the day. has anyone else had these problems. ?????

Mashie 10-16-2013 09:54 PM

Re: CRD stalling @ start up

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandcrd (Post 911542)
Hi Guys, have a 2012 Limited CRD & it stalls @ start up, probably 3 or 4 times a week. been to the dealers twice & problem not solved. Now they want me to book it in again & keep overnight to see if they can see the problem in the morning. not sure if this will work as it happens any time of the day. has anyone else had these problems. ?????

sounds like the same issue on my 11 Hemi. last week they replaced the fuel pump but it did not fix the problem. Back in the shop today and they are replacing the TIPM, sounds like it is the root of the problem. just search the forums here, several people have reported it.

Mashie

grandcrd 10-16-2013 10:21 PM

thanks Mashie, will get the dealer to check when next booked in. check utube there seems to be more issues on this problem.

Mashie 10-18-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandcrd (Post 912059)
thanks Mashie, will get the dealer to check when next booked in. check utube there seems to be more issues on this problem.

well the dealer called last night, $2500 in parts and 3 new modules later my Jeep should be fixed mid next week including a new TIPM. they said there were 645 on back order nation wide and Jeep was supposed to release 1000 of them to the warehouse on Mon. I will report back once all is fixed.

Mashie 10-21-2013 09:45 PM

Well the latest update on the TPIM replacement is not good. Jeep told me today that they are will not be receiving the replacement TIPM unit until Nov 18th due to the backlog of units requested. To make matters worse, the service manager has said that due to the fact that it can fail at any time, they ware not comfortable releasing the Jeep to me to use until the unit is replaced.

The flagged my jeep as VOR (Vehicle Off Road) to give it a higher priority in their system and I suppose the good news is that they are paying for my rental car for the next month. The bad news is I am now driving a red Chevy Impala, not even close to my WK2!? :(