Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   New to Programmers... Input appreciated (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/new-to-programmers-input-appreciated-66769.html)

HEMIWK10 10-16-2013 11:48 AM

New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
I have a 2010 with the HEMI and am looking into getting a tuner to improve performance. From the searching I have done, it seems like there is a split between the different options available. The one constant seems to be that FylinRyan is the man to talk to about custom tunes.

My question is what would be the best option for what I am looking for?
This is my daily driver and I do not offroad (unless you count the infrequent trip down a dirt road). The main thing I am looking for is better throttle response, smoother shifts, and MORE POWER! Fuel economy would be nice, but lets be honest, we dont buy Jeeps to get 50 MPGs.

Is there a tuner that will do this out of the box? Or would it be better to get a more basic tuner and have a custom tune made for my application?

Thanks

zeprider25 10-16-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIWK10 (Post 911695)
I have a 2010 with the HEMI and am looking into getting a tuner to improve performance. From the searching I have done, it seems like there is a split between the different options available. The one constant seems to be that FylinRyan is the man to talk to about custom tunes.

My question is what would be the best option for what I am looking for?
This is my daily driver and I do not offroad (unless you count the infrequent trip down a dirt road). The main thing I am looking for is better throttle response, smoother shifts, and MORE POWER! Fuel economy would be nice, but lets be honest, we dont buy Jeeps to get 50 MPGs.

Is there a tuner that will do this out of the box? Or would it be better to get a more basic tuner and have a custom tune made for my application?

Thanks

out of the box the superchips tuner has better stock tunes then the diablosport. it also has an option for transmission adjustments.

where the diablo shines is the custom tune option. this really only helps alot when you have allot of aftermarket and custom work.

if your going to stay close to stock (CAI, Exhaust) i'd buy a superchips. if your going to build a custom monster diablosport all the way.

I have one about to go up for sale if your interested

Panerai 10-16-2013 12:40 PM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
My .02....save your money or put to a quality Catback. love the rumble

I had the SC and was really not impressed. Yes you could pick up a little gas mileage with a tune but then it ran gutless. The performance tunes were so so... I also had high hopes for firmer shifts but could not tell the difference..... ymmv

Prestone 10-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panerai (Post 911726)
My .02....save your money or put to a quality Catback. love the rumble

I had the SC and was really not impressed. Yes you could pick up a little gas mileage with a tune but then it ran gutless. The performance tunes were so so... I also had high hopes for firmer shifts but could not tell the difference..... ymmv

You must not of bought your tunner from Sean at hemifever. Com his tunes are way better then that caned tunes you are referring to

HEMIWK10 10-16-2013 01:32 PM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
I may be interested in what you've got zeprider. I will shoot you a PM.

I thought about doing a cat-back, but from the sounds of it, I would lose some low end torque and that may hurt me when towing my boat. If anything, I would just replace the muffler for a better sound.

From the searching I have done, I am leaning towards doing both PCM and TCM tunes, for the best outcomes. Right now I simply want to get something that I can play with and figure out exactly what I want out of a custom tune.

Once I do get to that step, where is a good place to get the custom tune done? Seems like FlyinRyan is a favorite.

HemiDawg 10-16-2013 01:41 PM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
I think I can help with your decision process bc I am pretty sure FR is no longer tuning our WKs. I think he is only programming SCT tuners now and based off of a message he sent me months ago, there is not one available for a 2010 Hemi.

Seems like Hemifever is the way to go nowadays.

HEMIWK10 10-16-2013 01:52 PM

Sounds like the way to go for what I am looking to do is get a SC unit and once I am ready for a custom tune, contact Hemifever

zeprider25 10-16-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panerai (Post 911726)
My .02....save your money or put to a quality Catback. love the rumble

I had the SC and was really not impressed. Yes you could pick up a little gas mileage with a tune but then it ran gutless. The performance tunes were so so... I also had high hopes for firmer shifts but could not tell the difference..... ymmv

hm I have the opposite experience. ran a diablo with stock tunes and was not $300 worth of impressed. I then got a superchips and not only do i have firmer shifts but acceleration and throttle response is allot better.

I am only going back to a diablosport to get a custom tune once i get my headers and stoker kit

Panerai 10-17-2013 10:57 AM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestone (Post 911749)
You must not of bought your tunner from Sean at hemifever. Com his tunes are way better then that caned tunes you are referring to

Correct....all I was commiting on was a stock SC tuner

mosier 10-18-2013 12:38 AM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMIWK10 (Post 911781)
Sounds like the way to go for what I am looking to do is get a SC unit and once I am ready for a custom tune, contact Hemifever

This:thumbsup:

Kolak 10-27-2013 12:37 AM

Re: New to Programmers... Input appreciated
 
The Superchips is very hit-or-miss as to whether it will program the 2010 HEMI. I would suggest the Diablo Intune.

kapytan83 10-30-2013 10:36 PM

On my 05 wk I used the Hypertech tuner and love it. No tranny tunes but more hp and torqs


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community