Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Door open warning (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/door-open-warning-66771.html)

vertrkr 10-16-2013 12:17 PM

Door open warning

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone get the big door open warning in the display as shown on their site and brochure? I only get the small red indicator, I've tried a variety of ways but it never comes up for me. I see in this pic it's in the 'message' window screen, haven't tried that yet as I always leave it in the oil temp screen.

gjeepguy 10-16-2013 01:00 PM

Re: Door open warning

I don't think so. I'll look on the way home.

I know I get the little red one in the bottom left hand corner.

Laureljoke 10-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjeepguy (Post 911742)

I know I get the little red one in the bottom left hand corner.

Same here.

JoeyD 10-16-2013 01:21 PM

Taking a stab in the dark...have you tried opening a door with the Durango in drive or when in motion?

Otherwise, might be chalked up to marketing not being in sync with the final product.

vertrkr 10-16-2013 02:16 PM

Ya, I've tried it all now. I just get the 'car is not in park' message in the middle screen. I'd rather have the bigger door open warning. Hopefully that might be in an uConnect update someday.

Not surprised really, I've found quite a few errors in the manual (2nd edition). Such as these 4 items listed on page 328 we don't have:

• Interior Ambient Lights
When this feature is selected, it allows the adjustment of the brightness of the interior ambient lighting. To change the Interior Ambient Lights setting, touch the + or - soft-key to select your desired Interior Ambient Light level. Touch the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

• Brake Service
This feature will be grayed out while vehicle is in motion. When this feature is selected, it will allow the service of the rear brake components. To make your selection touch the Brake Service soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting, indicating that the setting had been selected. Touch the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

• Auto Park Brake
When this feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically set the Park Brake when the vehicle is shifted to park. To make your selection, touch the Auto Park Brake soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting, indicating that the setting had been selected. Touch the back arrow soft-key to return to the previous menu.

• Hold ’n Go
When this feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically hold its position when it comes to a stop To make your selection, touch the Hold ’n GoTM soft-key, until a check-mark appears next to setting, indicating that the setting had been selected. Touch the back row soft-key to return to the previous menu.