Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   dash rattle & TSB doesn't apply to me (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/dash-rattle-and-tsb-doesnt-apply-to-me-66774.html)

countrygirl 10-16-2013 03:33 PM

dash rattle & TSB doesn't apply to me

500 miles on the SRT and I really LOVE it....EXCEPT for the annoying rattle in the dash.

It sounds like it's behind the NAV or thereabouts.

I talked to my local dealer who ran my VIN for TSBs and said it was all up to date. I know about the steering column rattle TSB for GCs manuf between Jan and March, I believe?

Does anyone else have this? What is the fix?

It is driving me so batty that the HK is turned up loud all the time. Not a bad thing when I'm alone but it's annoying my passengers ;)

Redealmaker 10-16-2013 11:37 PM

Re: dash rattle & TSB doesn't apply to me

I have a 13' summit and had a horrible squeak coming from the dash, dealer said it was the hood latch. I didn't believe it at first, but once they aligned it it was gone. The dealer said there was a tsb out on it so have the, check that. All is well after about a month so far.

Jeff_Jeske 10-21-2013 12:50 PM

My 2011 JGCO had quite a few unwanted noises. The dealer tracked them all down and silenced them under warranty. No need for any kind of bulletin to get noises fixed.

mzimand 10-25-2013 01:16 PM

Check the large Uconnect tuning knob(on the right). Mine is very loose and I can see it making a rattle if any looser

countrygirl 11-03-2013 01:03 AM

The dealer fixed it, thankfully.

They took the dash and steering area apart and found a stray piece of carbon fiber trim.

Rattle gone. :thumbsup:

bill_de 11-03-2013 07:31 AM

That piece was supposed to be a gift from somebody on the line. :)

Glad the dealer was able to find it.

---

GJC Is Cool 11-03-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygirl (Post 922972)
The dealer fixed it, thankfully.

They took the dash and steering area apart and found a stray piece of carbon fiber trim.

Rattle gone. :thumbsup:

I am glad you posted back with this being fixed. Good to know these things are fixable because they can indeed be very annoying!
:):) for your result!

GMONEY126 11-09-2013 04:49 PM

I got this same rattle! So annoying!

legzez 11-13-2013 07:07 AM

i've got the same only early cold days, during warm weather no rattles or squeacks

scotty.ipad 11-16-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygirl (Post 911835)
500 miles on the SRT and I really LOVE it....EXCEPT for the annoying rattle in the dash.

It sounds like it's behind the NAV or thereabouts.

I talked to my local dealer who ran my VIN for TSBs and said it was all up to date. I know about the steering column rattle TSB for GCs manuf between Jan and March, I believe?

Does anyone else have this? What is the fix?

It is driving me so batty that the HK is turned up loud all the time. Not a bad thing when I'm alone but it's annoying my passengers ;)

Sorry I can't help you but if you find a answer please let me know, I am in Australia and mine has been back 3 or 4 times with NO fix for the same thing