Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   durango not remembering settings (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/durango-not-remembering-settings-66808.html)

chaunceyjb1 10-17-2013 01:07 PM

durango not remembering settings

Any of you that have received your 2014 Durango had any trouble with the Durango not remembering settings, like electric seats, or settings on the control center, like clock settings, stations settings and the like. At first, son-in-law thought it was fob based, but daughte says she didn't change anything.

davewg 10-17-2013 01:16 PM

Re: durango not remembering settings

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb1 (Post 912362)
Any of you that have received your 2014 Durango had any trouble with the Durango not remembering settings, like electric seats, or settings on the control center, like clock settings, stations settings and the like. At first, son-in-law thought it was fob based, but daughte says she didn't change anything.

It can be fob based, but our dealer recommended turning off that setting. Apparently if you have both fobs in the vehicle at the same time it can confuse the system causing more issues.

Not sure if that's what they're experiencing.

vertrkr 10-17-2013 01:30 PM

The only trouble I've had is in Driving & Safety section. Changes only stick if the engine is running while I change the settings.

I have the 'link setting to fob' unchecked, not sure if that makes a difference.

Laureljoke 10-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 912372)

It can be fob based, but our dealer recommended turning off that setting. Apparently if you have both fobs in the vehicle at the same time it can confuse the system causing more issues.

Not sure if that's what they're experiencing.

Your dealer, huh? Have you seen your dealer recently? Anything new in your world? Hoping you will have pics and good news to share very soon!

davewg 10-17-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 912410)
Your dealer, huh? Have you seen your dealer recently? Anything new in your world? Hoping you will have pics and good news to share very soon!

We have seen him recently...yesterday...I know I need to post something, but been playing catch-up from the day off of work yesterday.

Hope to have something out tonight.

Laureljoke 10-17-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 912414)

We have seen him recently...yesterday...I know I need to post something, but been playing catch-up from the day off of work yesterday.

Hope to have something out tonight.

Dave, I'm just razzing you.... And hoping all your waiting will have been worth it. First things first :)

davewg 10-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 912508)
Dave, I'm just razzing you.... And hoping all your waiting will have been worth it. First things first :)

No worries - its up now - hopefully its length doesn't bore everyone to tears. It was a little off the cuff, so maybe a tad disorganized.

Gtaz19 10-21-2013 08:54 AM

I cannever get the nav incluster setting to stick, I have to set it up every time i use the nav...

vertrkr 10-21-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 914385)
I cannever get the nav incluster setting to stick, I have to set it up every time i use the nav...

Ya, it's gone out on me again since last post. Nothing a little uConnect update can't fix, hopefully soon. Love me some updates.

davewg 10-21-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 914396)
Ya, it's gone out on me again since last post. Nothing a little uConnect update can't fix, hopefully soon. Love me some updates.

We're experiencing the same thing. Had to recheck it a couple of times on a trip this past Saturday. Haven't been back in it to check it since.

Agreed we need an update to fix a few things. We have a brief NAV freeze up on Saturday night, but other than that the system seems to be working okay. I haven't been in the truck enough on my own to really play around with it.

Laureljoke 10-21-2013 09:36 AM

Anybody having trouble with VR asking twice for an address? Often gets it right on the second try, but never on the first.

Gtaz19 10-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laureljoke (Post 914432)
Anybody having trouble with VR asking twice for an address? Often gets it right on the second try, but never on the first.

Don't have that issue too much. I have had really old addresses on old fail to be found even when typing though. The voice works best when you give the house number and street followed by short pause then city short pause then state.