Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Black Chrome Wheel Cleaner (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/black-chrome-wheel-cleaner-66818.html)

YFD_322 10-17-2013 04:45 PM

Black Chrome Wheel Cleaner

I know there are many wheel cleaners out there, but can someone with experience with the black chrome wheels give me the name of the best wheel cleaner you have used to clean the brake dust off and clean the red calipers without compromising the black chrome???

CNY_WK2 10-17-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Black Chrome Wheel Cleaner

Quote:

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 912499)
I know there are many wheel cleaners out there, but can someone with experience with the black chrome wheels give me the name of the best wheel cleaner you have used to clean the brake dust off and clean the red calipers without compromising the black chrome???

I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner with a pressure washer. I also use Wolf Chemical's Rim shield initially which helps the dust not stick to begin with.

2014 LAREDO 10-17-2013 04:52 PM

I've been using Meguiars Quik Wheel mist and wipe detailer for years on my chrome wheels and black chrome. Works fine although I wouldn't use it for heavy build up just the light dust or spots. Heavy build up I use the same stuff I use on the Jeep...Turtle wax Zip wax car wash and a sponge. Nice and shiney and no scratches. :thumbsup:

phillysrt 10-17-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 912499)

I used sonax for awhile but I have been usuing the Adams deep wheel cleaner and holy hell it's amazing. Spray it on.... Don't even need to touch the rim again

mzimand 10-17-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 912512)
I used sonax for awhile but I have been usuing the Adams deep wheel cleaner and holy hell it's amazing. Spray it on.... Don't even need to touch the rim again

Does it help the rims stay clean?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Srt8_hmi 10-17-2013 06:12 PM

I'm doing a Simple Green test. I'll let you know the results.

phillysrt 10-17-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 912551)
Does it help the rims stay clean? Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Adams has a protectant you can buy pretty much hoses the brake dust right off. If you don't want dust get a Kia hahaha or hawk pads

YFD_322 10-18-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 912512)

Now thats what I was trying to hit at. I do clean the wheels by hand but to get inside and the caliper is a harder task. I will try some of this. Thanks!

YFD_322 10-18-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNY_WK2 (Post 912501)
I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner with a pressure washer. I also use Wolf Chemical's Rim shield initially which helps the dust not stick to begin with.

Could you use wheel cleaner after the Wolf's application? Will it strip off with wheel cleaner is what I'm asking?

One review on here says this stinks...

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Wolfs...eld_p_530.html

CNY_WK2 10-18-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YFD_322 (Post 912811)
Could you use wheel cleaner after the Wolf's application? Will it strip off with wheel cleaner is what I'm asking?

One review on here says this stinks...

Wolf's Chemicals WR-1NT Rim Shield - Great protection for your wheels

I have had no issue with using other wheel cleaners after applying the rim shield. Most of the brake dust (probably 95%) comes right off with a blast from a pressure washer and then I do a quick wipe down of the face of the rim and that is it.

phillysrt 10-18-2013 07:16 AM

im telling you the Adams deep wheel cleaner is a savior!!!! i am going to be buying gallons of it for the winter so it will take all the grime and crap off the rims.

ive never used a wheel cleaner better than this.

downside, it can get expensive but its a must. they also have this stuff called green wheel cleaner that works well also.

when ordering dont forget to use JEEPGARAGE code

jbjones85 10-18-2013 08:21 AM

I have also heard really good things about the Adams wheel cleaner. Plan to try it out once I go through the gallon of sonax I bought a few months back.