Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   At The Track (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f27/)
-   -   Tracking the SRT (not the drag strip!) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f27/tracking-the-srt-not-the-drag-strip-66835.html)

RN SHRRK 10-17-2013 10:01 PM

Tracking the SRT (not the drag strip!)

Has anyone taken their SRT to a race track? A real race track. I come from a road racing background and am taking my '14 SRT to Auto Club Speedway in November with Speed Ventures. I've only seen posts regarding drag racing, but I don't have much interest it that. I have seen videos of Ralph Gilles hot lapping the GC around Circuit of the Americas during the media release of the 2014 model, so I know it can do it. WK1's, not so much.
So, does anyone have any feedback from their track day experiences?

zeprider25 10-17-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN SHRRK (Post 912688)
Has anyone taken their SRT to a race track? A real race track. I come from a road racing background and am taking my '14 SRT to Auto Club Speedway in November with Speed Ventures. I've only seen posts regarding drag racing, but I don't have much interest it that. I have seen videos of Ralph Gilles hot lapping the GC around Circuit of the Americas during the media release of the 2014 model, so I know it can do it. WK1's, not so much.
So, does anyone have any feedback from their track day experiences?

i'm interested in this also. i saw a video of a wk1 being driven in a track in europe. the driver was passing big name euro cars. i think it was on the top gear website.

Scottina06 10-18-2013 05:31 AM

From the SRTtrack experiences...I hear the jeep is a beast and much more fun than the lx based vehicles. Even heard its the fastest besides the viper from a few sources.

Setoutguy 12-27-2013 11:40 AM

Re: Tracking the SRT (not the drag strip!)

So did the original poster ever go?

RN SHRRK 12-27-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setoutguy (Post 950722)
So did the original poster ever go?

I sure did! You can check out my pictures in my album!

MY2014SRT 01-26-2014 08:17 PM

How did your lap times compare to the Z?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN SHRRK (Post 950920)
I sure did! You can check out my pictures in my album!

RN SHRRK 01-26-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY2014SRT (Post 965997)
How did your lap times compare to the Z?

I was running some pretty consistent lap times with my best being just 2 seconds slower than my 370Z. The AWD off the corners helps and those huge brakes really slow the SRT down in a hurry, allowing you to push deep into the braking zones if you're feeling courages. I was and was able to outbrake some pretty sporty cars.

MY2014SRT 01-28-2014 08:13 AM

Nice. I'll be happy to be 5 seconds off my car lap times. Should still be enough to worry a few track day regulars. :)