Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Things to check on delivery (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/things-to-check-on-delivery-66852.html)

davewg 10-18-2013 10:17 AM

Things to check on delivery

Much of the list has been gleaned from the experiences of others on the forum, in addition to what we found on ours.

Credit to everyone who has posted their findings from their vehicles.

1. Paint bubbles on inner lip of front fender under the hood. Need to assess level of paint coverage/bubbling and decide if a sand/touch up is necessary

2. Spring clips under hood to the left and right of hood latch might need to be seated.

3. Check all underhood connections (vertrkr had one for the electric power steering loose - pics here - http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/items...rol-65700.html)

4. Inspect joint tape seams around tailgate (when open) to ensure there are no gaps to the body

5. Inspect interior trim around A-pillars to ensure they are uniformly flush with the surrounding trim

6. Inspect trim cap at rear of interior ceiling and rear glass for uniformity of installation

7. Check that all outside door handles are properly mounted to door panel

8. Inspect paint in daylight for any defects or imperfections. Keep in mind that you have to decide what is acceptable if any issues are found.

9. Confirm appropriate tire pressure in all 4 tires. Tire pressure is on the tag on the drivers door jamb (18" is 36 psi all around)

10. Body panel alignment and fit

11. Test drive the vehicle and listen with the radio off. Does anything sound amiss?

12. Battery contacts tight (ask them to show you where the battery is if you don't know).

More to come...

JoeyD 10-18-2013 11:32 AM

Re: Things to check on delivery

Great list!

I would also add:

* Test drive at highway speed to assess if there are any wheel vibrations.

I have read several grand Cherokee owners having to either get tires rebalanced or even replaced due to the odd defective tire (20 inches Goodyear forteras). In fact I have test driven one grand Cherokee that had noticeable tire vibration at speed myself.

vertrkr 10-18-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 912948)
Great list!
I would also add:
* Test drive at highway speed to assess if there are any wheel vibrations.
I have read several grand Cherokee owners having to either get tires rebalanced or even replaced due to the odd defective tire (20 inches Goodyear forteras). In fact I have test driven one grand Cherokee that had noticeable tire vibration at speed myself.

One of my front wheels has a ridiculous amount of counter weights on it, didn't add up the weight but it's about 6" long. I know my local performance shop would reject that tire if it needed so much weight. Fortunately, for now, it's vibration free but I don't expect it to last. Most likely it's the tire but not unheard of to be the wheel or a combination of both.

I really love this shop, they have all the latest Hunter equipment and I have become friendly with the owner where we work together road force balancing and aligning. I've learned a bit working with him over the years.

I wonder if the factory does a matched road force balance. These machines will tell you which location each wheel should be mounted after it's done checking all four to get the best tracking as each tire will have an inherent tendency to pull left of right.

If you ever have balance/alignment problems, use this site to find a shop that has a Hunter GSP9700 with StraightTrak:

http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

Parsec 10-28-2013 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 912948)
Great list!

I would also add:

I added a PDF version of the inspection suggestions above with pictures and other suggestions from the members of this forum. I hope this PDF version is useful...

fk186 10-28-2013 12:50 PM

Great job everyone. Every car has its bugs. Great to see everyone posting what they find. I will certainly add to it if need be, but I hope that will not necessary.

JoeyD 10-28-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 919172)
I added a PDF version of the inspection suggestions above with pictures and other suggestions from the members of this forum. I hope this PDF version is useful...

Awesome...and very timely! :thumbsup:

Parsec 10-28-2013 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 919223)
Awesome...and very timely! :thumbsup:

I updated the Pre-Delivery Inspection pdf to include vertrkr's post regarding the RRT 13-071 for the uConnect software to update to version 13.38.52. The RRT is included with the PDI-pdf.

SJNYC 10-29-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 919506)
I updated the Pre-Delivery Inspection pdf to include vertrkr's post regarding the RRT 13-071 for the uConnect software to update to version 13.38.52. The RRT is included with the PDI-pdf.

Parsec, where would I be able to find your pdf?

Parsec 10-29-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJNYC (Post 920338)

Parsec, where would I be able to find your pdf?

For some reason if you are viewing the thread/forum with a smart phone app then you can't see my pdf attachment to my previous post in this thread. However if you view the forum with a browser like Internet Explorer then you will see my pdf attachment to that post. PM me if you still can't see it.

SJNYC 10-30-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 920349)
For some reason if you are viewing the thread/forum with a smart phone app then you can't see my pdf attachment to my previous post in this thread. However if you view the forum with a browser like Internet Explorer then you will see my pdf attachment to that post. PM me if you still can't see it.

Thanks! I have it now, and it's just been saved to my iBooks. I'm picking up this afternoon, so I want my dealer to do the Jeep Garage PDI before a get there, and of course once again while I am there. :)

Thanks again, and any updates on your vehicle's delivery?

Parsec 10-30-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJNYC (Post 920502)

Thanks! I have it now, and it's just been saved to my iBooks. I'm picking up this afternoon, so I want my dealer to do the Jeep Garage PDI before a get there, and of course once again while I am there. :)

Thanks again, and any updates on your vehicle's delivery?

Great. Good luck with the PDI. And please post your impressions.

My dealer is expecting delivery today but I'm skeptical. Still, I am hoping to pick it up Friday. Thankfully it's 0% through next Monday. My fear with the 199-inch Durango (which "goes on for inches" ala Ron Burgundy) is fewer parallel parking spots in Manhattan as if there were any anyway.

fk186 10-30-2013 08:34 AM

Parsec, Great job putting this list together. I think item 13 was determined to be the transmission coolant line, not oil. Either way it should be connected. Good luck this week with your D.