Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   7 months in and I finally figured out what those buttons are for. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/7-months-in-and-i-finally-figured-out-what-those-buttons-are-for-66955.html)

JeepersCreepers 10-21-2013 02:57 PM

7 months in and I finally figured out what those buttons are for.

(The little spherical ones near the paddle shifters on the 2014.)

I've pressed them many times since I got the Jeep, but since nothing happened whenever I pressed them, I assumed they were just... there and did nothing. Then yesterday I happened to press them while the audio was on and now I finally know what they're for.

:D

Paradiso 10-21-2013 04:02 PM

And what did they do?

hardy616 10-21-2013 04:09 PM

Re: 7 months in and I finally figured out what those buttons are for.

You mean the volume adjust buttons on your right-hand side behind the steering wheel and the channel change buttons on the other side?

Andoskyy 10-21-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy616 (Post 914725)
You mean the volume adjust buttons on your right-hand side behind the steering wheel and the channel change buttons on the other side?

Yeah, but there are 3 buttons on each side. There's a round button in the middle of each of those you mention.

I may get this wrong, but the left will skip through your presets when on the radio, and the one on the right will change sources...AM to FM, to SXM to SD, to bluetooth,

bill_de 10-21-2013 04:32 PM

Didn't anybody read the owner's manual? :lol:

---

Andoskyy 10-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 914737)
Didn't anybody read the owner's manual? :lol:

---

That's like expecting everyone to read the dictionary so they never ask what a word means. haha

whartung 10-21-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 914731)
There's a round button in the middle of each of those you mention.

There...There's a 3rd button? I'll have to check that out. I had the up down buttons all figured out, didn't know about the secret 3rd buttons.

hardy616 10-21-2013 05:36 PM

I think he was referring to the round button in between. I didn't notice that button before either. Good to know it!

bill_de 10-21-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 914748)
That's like expecting everyone to read the dictionary so they never ask what a word means. haha

They should. Quoting Hawkeye from M A S H when referring to the dictionary;

"It has all the other books in it" ;)

---

lstowell 10-21-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 914750)
There...There's a 3rd button? I'll have to check that out. I had the up down buttons all figured out, didn't know about the secret 3rd buttons.

You either push the top/bottom for volume or station.

But in the middle, theres this little round protrusion that changes sources like da man said.

GBJeep 10-21-2013 05:58 PM

Believe it or not- the steering wheel audio controls were practically the first thing my salesman pointed out when I went for a test drive. :D

mswlogo 10-21-2013 06:15 PM

I didn't know either. But come 6 months from now, I probably won't again because the center bump buttons are nearly useless.

Who wants to go through every band and every source to get to the one you want. Or every station preset (even ones you never set).

There are too many buttons on that steering wheel.

TWENTY FIVE buttons !!!

Now if you could customize some of those buttons, that would be cool :) Like Go Home on GPS and please don't ask me to confirm.