Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Jeep survey, Text responses, Uconnect and Apple (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/jeep-survey-text-responses-uconnect-and-apple-66964.html)

Bborzell 10-21-2013 05:43 PM

Jeep survey, Text responses, Uconnect and Apple

In my detailed response to the Jeep Customer Satisfaction survey, I commented that the concept of hands free audio texting as a safety feature was currently severely compromised for iPhone users in that the most dangerous part of non hands free texting (attempted replies) simply did not work in Uconnect.

Yesterday, I received the third call from Chrysler on the topic. They wanted to research what was being done with Apple. Looks like there is a team working with Apple and they have been sharing code back and forth with a goal of fully implementing 2 way texting. They anticipate that the final approval process from Apple is 4-6 months out. :thumbsup:

If you don't got an iPhone, you are probably already ahead of the game.:D

JC_0105 10-21-2013 07:05 PM

Interesting...I thought the issue was actually on the Uconnect side since Apple requires encryption for the Bluetooth. This would be great if they get it fixed.

StaticFX 10-22-2013 07:58 AM

Re: Jeep survey, Text responses, Uconnect and Apple

Its never not apples fault lol... they like to do things their way ONLY. As far as encryption, Bluetooth is a standard, if apple is changing something.. then no wonder its not working correctly.

JC_0105 10-26-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 915061)
Its never not apples fault lol... they like to do things their way ONLY. As far as encryption, Bluetooth is a standard, if apple is changing something.. then no wonder its not working correctly.

. Apple supports the MAP portion of the Bluetooth standard but it must be over an encrypted connection which I think uConnect isn't doing.

jwall04 02-05-2014 09:01 PM

Any update on two way texting? I can't reply to texts with my iPhone 5s.

Bborzell 02-05-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwall04 (Post 971172)
Any update on two way texting? I can't reply to texts with my iPhone 5s.

I haven't heard anything. Sorta figured Uconnect was waiting for me to text them so they could surprise me with a text reply.:D

jwall04 02-05-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bborzell (Post 971175)
I haven't heard anything. Sorta figured Uconnect was waiting for me to text them so they could surprise me with a text reply.:D

Gotta love Apple! No flash player, no reply texting through Uconnect, yet we still line up to buy the newest models.

alludc 07-21-2015 03:45 PM

reviving the dead.... we still cannot reply to text with Iphones?!?!

I loved this feature while shopping for this GC. I wanted desperately to have it as an option for my neverending texter of a wife. I tried it on my Galaxy s5 and it was flawless, I cannot believe I didnt think to ask/test with an Iphone. Its really disappointing.

ssgunner 07-23-2015 11:19 PM

I'm on the same boat. Just switched from an sg5 to iPhone and that is about the only thing I regret but I can do without. Wish I would have researched a bit more before I switched but I'm still loving my iPhone though.

Interesting I didn't know that Apple requires an encryption for the BT to work.

Northland 07-24-2015 02:11 PM

You can always use Siri to reply handsfree to any text you receive while your iPhone is connected to the Uconnect system. I actually prefer this, as the Uconnect system adds the line "Sent from my Jeep" or some such nonsense to each text reply and you can't delete that sig line from the texts. There are some I text who I prefer don't know I'm in my Jeep when doing so.

Zhe Wiz 07-26-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northland (Post 1203469)
You can always use Siri to reply handsfree to any text you receive while your iPhone is connected to the Uconnect system. I actually prefer this, as the Uconnect system adds the line "Sent from my Jeep" or some such nonsense to each text reply and you can't delete that sig line from the texts. There are some I text who I prefer don't know I'm in my Jeep when doing so.

Yep, that's what I do. "Hey Siri, tell my wife I'm on the way". Works great...usually. :-)

Hutch801 07-27-2015 06:45 AM

I will have to test Siri....

Hutch- 2014 GC Blackhawk CRD...Feel the Power...