Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Acorn dent FYI (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/acorn-dent-fyi-66979.html)

peckmv 10-22-2013 04:57 AM

Acorn dent FYI
 
I parked under a oak tree and the next day I had several small dents on my hood from falling acorns. The hood on these Jeeps are made of aluminum and easily dents. Just a heads up.;)

AAAA 10-22-2013 06:24 AM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
That sucks. Aluminum = good. Thin aluminum = bad.

eibyer 10-22-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
A small piece of tire debris gave me a nice lil dent, but acorn lol.

Scottina06 10-22-2013 03:21 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
I don't think the hoods are thin...but an acorn falling from possibly 50-75 feet would dent a steel hood probably...LOL

Aiyer 10-22-2013 03:45 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
On my old ZJ, I could sit on the hood and no dent. But again, it gave crappy mileage. :)

Cheers,
-A

lstowell 10-22-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eibyer (Post 915136)
A small piece of tire debris gave me a nice lil dent, but acorn lol.

Lucky no squirrel jumped down after them... four pawprint dents.

As bad as the old Jags I guess.

lstowell 10-22-2013 03:55 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyer (Post 915334)
On my old ZJ, I could sit on the hood and no dent. But again, it gave crappy mileage. :)

Cheers,
-A

Ya, it kinda says something when you buy the new Hemi to get a mileage INCREASE.

Srt8_hmi 10-22-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
That's nuts!

AZhiCntry 10-22-2013 05:45 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peckmv (Post 914999)
I parked under a oak tree and the next day I had several small dents on my hood from falling acorns. The hood on these Jeeps are made of aluminum and easily dents. Just a heads up.;)

If you have access to the back side of the dent you can "spoon" small dents out. Using the back side of a spoon massage the dented in area using some pressure to work the dent out. Use some masking tape on the area you'll be pressing on to protect any paint. Option 2: call a paintless dent repairman out. They can take out small dents quite well and quickly for a very reasonable price.

NavyDoc 10-22-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt8_hmi (Post 915340)
That's nuts!

Ha, nice!

peckmv 10-23-2013 05:51 AM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZhiCntry (Post 915410)
If you have access to the back side of the dent you can "spoon" small dents out. Using the back side of a spoon massage the dented in area using some pressure to work the dent out. Use some masking tape on the area you'll be pressing on to protect any paint. Option 2: call a paintless dent repairman out. They can take out small dents quite well and quickly for a very reasonable price.

Thanks for the advice. When I bought this Jeep I got the dent repair service as part of my financing deal. They took care of all the dents for no charge. I just have to be aware of what I park under for the future.;)

BuckeyeSRT 10-23-2013 03:15 PM

Re: Acorn dent FYI
 
The hood on the WK2 is ridiculously thin.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community