Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   It's here (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/its-here-66993.html)

gjohnson3344 10-22-2013 11:52 AM

It's here

5 Attachment(s)
Got it late yesterday evening here are a few pictures. Haven't had time to do much with it yet so no useful info.

bill_de 10-22-2013 11:55 AM

Re: It's here

Looks Great! Congratulations.

davewg 10-22-2013 12:25 PM

Looks awesome! Congrats, and look forward to hearing your impressions.

You need to dump that dealer sticker on the tailgate...

fireman 10-22-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjohnson
Got it late yesterday evening here are a few pictures. Haven't had time to do much with it yet so no useful info.

Nice, congrats! Looking forward to your initial impressions.

JoeyD 10-22-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjohnson3344 (Post 915194)

Looks like crap...and I don't give a damn about your initial impressions!

:moon:

Nah...who am I kidding...congrats!!

davewg 10-22-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyD (Post 915242)
Looks like crap...and I don't give a damn about your initial impressions!

:moon:

Nah...who am I kidding...congrats!!

I think we've found the group comedian :) ;)

If nothing else it keeps the thread at the top of the list.

Scottina06 10-22-2013 02:22 PM

congrats!

Laureljoke 10-24-2013 02:06 PM

Looking forward to your impressions as you spend some more time with your Durango. Think the white looks crisp and sharp, and those tail lights really pop. Congrats.

chaunceyjb1 10-24-2013 07:29 PM

Looks good. Looking forward to your review!

gjohnson3344 10-26-2013 10:21 AM

So far I love it! I am still trying to figure out all the technology (traded in a 2005 Trailblazer with the high technology being power seats). Not used to not needing a key or pushing the remote button to unlock/lock the doors or start the engine.

Love the pass thru 2nd row captain chairs (makes it simple to reach the 3rd row without having to fold up the 2nd row seats). I also love the blind spot warning (no more retching the neck until necessary to change lanes).

Like the speed warning! She has reminded me to slow down before my wife a few times already. I use the excuse being how smooth it rides!

Blue tooth paired ( Samsung Galaxy 4) easily but have some problems in getting it to understand who the heck I want to call. Had to resort to typing in the phone number a few times then just made that number a favorite so I can now just push the button on the screen.

The Navagation option to show turns in instrument cluster does not stay on so you have to reset each trip if you want that option.

The only problem I have noticed so far is the prior reported paint bubbles on the passenger side fender lip of the hood. I also found a small problem in the paint under the hood on the drivers side corner back by the brake fluid fill. Looks like maybe when filling the fluid they got some on the paint and it bubbled up a bit. I showed the service manager both these while taking delivery and told them I learned about the problems here! They were supposedly going to look at the others in stock the next morning. We did check 1 in the showroom a black v8 but it did not have the paint problems so it isn't on everyones. I will take it in in a week or 2 to have the body shop guys see what the options are.

I also noticed a slight "bogg or hesitation" in take off from stopped positions which seem to be in 2nd gear going into 3rd. Probably due to the lesser power of the V6 over the V8. Other than that it shifts nice and smooth and accelerates well.

Over all I love it and will even more when I figure out all the bells and whistles.

Laureljoke 10-26-2013 11:36 AM

Woo hoo. Sounds like you are generally off to a great start, and glad you are quite happy so far. I have the V8, and I have noticed some sluggishness or hesitation at low speeds, almost like it shifts to early and then lags a bit. Might be related to Eco mode? Haven't noticed a hesitation from a stop, but headed out so will pay closer attention today.