Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Ready for Winter - Bring it On! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/ready-for-winter-bring-it-on-67041.html)

Dadio61 10-23-2013 03:29 PM

Ready for Winter - Bring it On!
 
2 Attachment(s)
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1, 265/50R20 on eBay knockoff SRT wheels. Just had to use new wheel nuts because the openings in the knockoffs were too small for the stock nuts.

phillysrt 10-23-2013 07:05 PM

No disrespect or nothing but the hell with the jeep for now hahaha what's that I see in the driveway behind??? Is that an SRT challenger with vipers on it??? Oh and the jeep looks good hahah

Dadio61 10-23-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 916029)
No disrespect or nothing but the hell with the jeep for now hahaha what's that I see in the driveway behind??? Is that an SRT challenger with vipers on it??? Oh and the jeep looks good hahah

Yeah, that's my summer sweetie. 09 B5 Blue SRT. 6spd & +/- 580hp. Pretty haywire

phillysrt 10-23-2013 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 916135)
Yeah, that's my summer sweetie. 09 B5 Blue SRT. 6spd & +/- 580hp. Pretty haywire

Haha that's awesome man. Nice pic! Drove those alpt at the SRT track day. Fun car for sure.

Here is my winter sweetie haha while the jeep sits warm and cozy

damien79 10-24-2013 09:25 AM

Re: Ready for Winter - Bring it On!
 
I just bought the same tire size blizzak dm-v1.. but now two months after i've decided to finally go with the 2014 SRT. I wonder if 265/50r20 would fit the original wheels on my new upcoming srt jeep. Does anyone knows the spec of those wheels?

JohnS 10-24-2013 10:39 AM

Re: Ready for Winter - Bring it On!
 
Here are the spec's for the OEM SRT 20 in. x 10 in. forged aluminum, painted, split 5-spoke wheels;

Diameter: 20"
Width: 10"
Offset: +56.4 mm
Bolt Pattern: 5 X 5" (5 X 127 mm)

Dadio61 10-24-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 916150)
Haha that's awesome man. Nice pic! Drove those alpt at the SRT track day. Fun car for sure. Here is my winter sweetie haha while the jeep sits warm and cozy

Your winter sweetie looks waaaay more serious than my summer sweetie!

Dadio61 10-24-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien79 (Post 916292)
I just bought the same tire size blizzak dm-v1.. but now two months after i've decided to finally go with the 2014 SRT. I wonder if 265/50r20 would fit the original wheels on my new upcoming srt jeep. Does anyone knows the spec of those wheels?

The narrower tire won't offer any curb protection for the factory rims. Better off to put on a set of knockoffs, than replacing a scraped up factory rim

phillysrt 10-25-2013 09:07 AM

Re: Ready for Winter - Bring it On!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 916419)
Your winter sweetie looks waaaay more serious than my summer sweetie!


ya but that summer sweetie is sick!!!! hahah

enjoy the beast in the winter months...im curious to see how they do handle in the snow!

Blakey 10-25-2013 02:46 PM

Another curious question
Do the rear wheel arches get clogged with snow and ice?
I know there isn't much room in between the tires and wheel arch liners on my SRT?

ZZVitas 10-25-2013 04:46 PM

Re: Ready for Winter - Bring it On!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 915920)
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1, 265/50R20 on eBay knockoff SRT wheels. Just had to use new wheel nuts because the openings in the knockoffs were too small for the stock nuts.


How are you liking the tires so far? Are you happy with the way the handle as well as the level of the road noise? I am about to pull the trigger on the same tires, but going with a 285/50/20 on a 20"x9" wheel. Any feedback would be great.
Thanks!
Zach

Dadio61 10-26-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blakey (Post 917276)
Another curious question Do the rear wheel arches get clogged with snow and ice? I know there isn't much room in between the tires and wheel arch liners on my SRT?

Haven't had it in the snow yet, but I'd have to agree that there isn't a lot of clearance in the front for sure


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community