Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Adding OEM Remote Start after Purchase (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/adding-oem-remote-start-after-purchase-67104.html)

jdwarne 10-25-2013 10:07 AM

Adding OEM Remote Start after Purchase

I have a 2014 Laredo 4x4 w/ keyless enter and go, about 4 months old. Does anyone know approx. how much it would be to add a remote starter from Jeep? I've read on a few threads that folks weren't very happy with the starter from Jeep and were going to get an after market kit elsewhere. Any opinions from those that have it?

mesa4234 10-25-2013 11:43 AM

Re: Adding OEM Remote Start after Purchase

I would be interested in this as well.

GCLimited 10-25-2013 12:12 PM

I love the remote start that came stock with my 2014 Limited. The problems lie with the inaccurate temp probe/reading, and the climate system turning off when getting into the vehicle.

I've read here that fixes for these are coming or are already available.

1quick1 10-26-2013 12:07 AM

I'm also interested. They have it up on the Mopar site for around $300 for parts and it'll have you put your zip code if you want it to find a dealer for an estimate with installation. It quoted me around $500 installed. I can't tell for sure it looks like it comes with replacement keys as well. This is next on my list.

1quick1 10-26-2013 12:10 AM

here it is

Remote Start, Same as Production - 82213881 | Mopar

But I just noticed this

Quote:

vehicles built before 7/15/2013
Mine was built 9/10/13 but I'm not sure what difference it could make.

jungle867 10-27-2013 08:19 AM

Forget the OEM remote start. Get Flash Logic FLRSCH4. $150 or less and easy to .

RageOfFury 10-27-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungle867 (Post 918357)
Forget the OEM remote start. Get Flash Logic FLRSCH4. $150 or less and easy to .

Did you install that? If so, can you please elaborate on how you did it?

jungle867 10-27-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 918368)
Did you install that? If so, can you please elaborate on how you did it?

Installed on a 2013. All you do is take off the panel below the steering column, disconect three plugs, and connect the modual inline with the plugs. Remote start is activated by clicking the lock button 3 times on the factory key. Range is limited to whatever you are able lock/unlock your truck at. A extended range antenna is available but you have to use a second remote with it. Also, the modual needs to be set to your vehicle via USB programing' most sellers do this for you for free. I got mine on eBay for $114.99 and the seller programmed it before he shipped it.

RageOfFury 10-27-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungle867 (Post 918376)
Installed on a 2013. All you do is take off the panel below the steering column, disconect three plugs, and connect the modual inline with the plugs. Remote start is activated by clicking the lock button 3 times on the factory key. Range is limited to whatever you are able lock/unlock your truck at. A extended range antenna is available but you have to use a second remote with it. Also, the modual needs to be set to your vehicle via USB programing' most sellers do this for you for free. I got mine on eBay for $114.99 and the seller programmed it before he shipped it.

Reading the install guide for the RSCH4 and it seems more complicated than that. What are the 3 plugs you connected? From the install guide there's the ignition module, then you need to tap into the parking lights and driver door pin. No?

jungle867 10-27-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 918379)
Reading the install guide for the RSCH4 and it seems more complicated than that. What are the 3 plugs you connected? From the install guide there's the ignition module, then you need to tap into the parking lights and driver door pin. No?

That sounds right, it has been a while. Still more easy than factory and cheaper.

RageOfFury 10-27-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungle867 (Post 918385)
That sounds right, it has been a while. Still more easy than factory and cheaper.

Ok. You need to tap into a relay under the hood for the parking lights and a wire under the dash for the driver's door pin right? Just trying to confirm! ;)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking into this product quite closely. I'd love to add remote start for the cold winter months.

ernestd 10-27-2013 09:51 AM

My jeep came with the factory unit and it works flawlessly.
Personally,all of this aftermarket stuff sounds easy to install until you get your hands in there.
If you really want remote start,get the dealer to install a genuine Mopar unit so you don't have any warranty issues later.