Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   So one of my rear wheels almost fell of my 14 Overland today? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/so-one-of-my-rear-wheels-almost-fell-of-my-14-overland-today-67127.html)

Lazarus11Z 10-25-2013 06:54 PM

So one of my rear wheels almost fell of my 14 Overland today?

I got off work early and decided to go by the jeep dealer to get my oil changed and tires rotated. They have a drive up express service lane. I drove off, happy it did not take too long. My happiness did not last long since the GC started pulling to the right and started handling like a AMC Gremlin. I was thinking "flat tire"? I made a illegal U-Turn and headed straight back to the dealer. I didn't even go a 1/4 mile. After arriving at the dealers service lane, I jumped out and did a walk around. The "5 Star" mechanic had not tightened the nuts on the rear passenger side wheel. I was not very happy and they knew it. They put it on the lift and pulled the wheel. It needs new lug bolts and nuts and they are having a new wheel sent overnight. I have been using this dealer since 99 and have always had great service. They were very apologetic and I am in a 300C/Hemi until I get my GC back. They had better wash my GC for their screw up. I am glad the wheel did not come off. That would have been ugly.

bill_de 10-25-2013 07:10 PM

Re: So one of my rear wheels almost fell of my 14 Overland today?

That sucks, but if they have been providing good service for 14 years, I wouldn't be too upset. Everybody I know, including me, makes a mistake once in awhile.

---

WATacoRider 10-25-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 917476)
That sucks, but if they have been providing good service for 14 years, I wouldn't be too upset. Everybody I know, including me, makes a mistake once in awhile.

---

Also, why would you want them to wash your car? Expect swirls. :slapfight:

JeepersCreepers 10-25-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATacoRider (Post 917501)

Also, why would you want them to wash your car? Expect swirls. :slapfight:

Which reminds me, I forgot to ask the dealer if they give complimentary washes, and if they do, to please not do so.

mswlogo 10-25-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers (Post 917503)
Which reminds me, I forgot to ask the dealer if they give complimentary washes, and if they do, to please not do so.

Exactly, I always ask them NOT to wash it. I'd rather it stay filthy than not be properly cleaned. They just won't be as anal as the owner.

I would not let the dealer rotate my tires or change my oil for that matter either, even if free. ;) I'd be happy to take the oil filter though.

scooterha 10-27-2013 05:10 PM

I'd die if a dealer washed my Jeep.

CNY_WK2 10-27-2013 05:48 PM

The dealers I go to just pressure wash off my vehicles...no soap and no drying.

Evolv0 10-28-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 918661)
I'd die if a dealer washed my Jeep.

Bead king over here would nto be able to tollerate any of that nonsense.

tomk 10-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus11Z (Post 917465)
. The "5 Star" mechanic had not tightened the nuts on the rear passenger side wheel.

One hopes someone is out of a job tonight.

Unlikely, though :(

...tom

pinetar 11-22-2013 07:53 PM

This also happened to my dad when he picked up his Wrangler after getting new wheels and tires installed.

He hopped on the freeway, not too far from the dealership, and realized something was wrong right away. Good thing he didn't get up to freeway driving speed and have the damn thing fall off and roll the car.

Almost a dealbreaker for me not getting a Jeep at all in this area. They're notorious for f-ups.

TheRosser 11-22-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepersCreepers (Post 917503)

That was my first question I asked when they replaced a piece of my dash. Hell, my wife almost slapped some guy for trying to advertise some type of sealant or paint corrector of some sort. She said, "if you put that on my car, I'll kill you, and then my husband will kill me!" Ha!

2014GC 11-22-2013 08:38 PM

Glad you caught it before the wheel came off.Sounds like they are a good dealer trying to make it right.
I always make a point to have the Jeep Clean when I take it in for service and tell them not to wash it. That way I can tell everywhere they have touched it. The last time I took it in for the tailgate align and a alignment issue I got into a debate with the service manager that they had not touched the vehicle. There were no finger prints anywhere. On the wheels,body or tailgate. He assured me this work had been done because of the techs flags on the tickets. After asking the tech he responded that the tech could find nothing wrong with the alignment and the tailgate was normal. I never returned to that dealer.