Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Adding forward Parksense on Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/adding-forward-parksense-on-overland-67223.html)

Bborzell 10-28-2013 12:03 PM

Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

Wondering if anyone has tried to add forward Parksense to an Overland. Seems like it might be a simple add on, but, you never know.

xJoshxx 10-28-2013 05:12 PM

Re: Adding forward Parksense on Overland?

I would Imagine it would be a lot harder and more expensive than you think.

would need new modules to see them and such.

Bborzell 10-28-2013 06:26 PM

I don't necessarily think that OEM parts, if even available, would be inexpensive. The function is soon to be available through Lockpick and adding a front license plate camera. That solution is somewhere near $500.

Dimes 03-21-2014 02:37 PM

Futher to Front Parksense - so does the Overland have this or not? I've been reading through the manual and it talks about Front Park Sense as if it is available. Just go my GC last weekend, so wondering if this is something they added. Having said that, it doesn't pop up on the EVIC when I'm pulling into the wall in the parking lot. Thanks.

not_too_shabby 03-21-2014 02:57 PM

I would love to have it on my overland. My wife's mercedes has it and I find it helpful in parking garages.

Dimes 03-21-2014 03:03 PM

Just called Jeep Customer service - I guess the Overland only has the Rear Park Assist - ah well, not a huge loss. Thanks.

Chester_Gillette 03-21-2014 03:56 PM

I would like to know the answer to this to. If it can be done (cheaply) i would definitley want to do this. Don't know why they only made this feature available on the Summitt.

BTW, the Summitt does not have a front parking camera, just the front sensors, correct?

GunnySpook 03-21-2014 04:52 PM

Shhhhhh - The absence of front parksense is one of the things that makes my wife afraid to drive MY new GC when it arrives..... (I've been telling her how hard it is to manage the diesel.)

Sleeping dogs, etc.......

PhillyAnt 03-21-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester_Gillette (Post 995592)
I would like to know the answer to this to. If it can be done (cheaply) i would definitley want to do this. Don't know why they only made this feature available on the Summitt.

BTW, the Summitt does not have a front parking camera, just the front sensors, correct?

Correct, the Summit does not have a front parking camera. Would be an awesome feature. I test drove a BMW that had that. Not only could you see in front of you but it had cameras on the corners as well so if you were pulling out into a blind spot you could see if anything was coming. Really cool feature.

If I could have gotten the HK stereo and front parking sensors in the Overland, I would have purchased that instead of the Summit.