Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Video/Navigation/Alarms (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/)
-   -   Backup Camera not available on Lerado! Help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f165/backup-camera-not-available-on-lerado-help-67283.html)

foreit 10-29-2013 03:37 PM

Backup Camera not available on Lerado! Help!

So I purchased a brand new 2014 GC Lerado earlier this year with a reverse camera installed. The dealership side the camera didn't work but their will be an update to the Uconnect unit to make it available in a couple months. 4 months later and a lot of hassle, Chrysler confirmed that the Lerado model doesn't support the reverse camera. Something about not having a wiring kit to support the power for the camera. Does anyone know if there is an after market kit I can purchase in order to hook up the reverse camera?

lstowell 10-29-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Backup Camera not available on Lerado! Help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreit (Post 920106)
So I purchased a brand new 2014 GC Lerado earlier this year with a reverse camera installed. The dealership side the camera didn't work but their will be an update to the Uconnect unit to make it available in a couple months. 4 months later and a lot of hassle, Chrysler confirmed that the Lerado model doesn't support the reverse camera. Something about not having a wiring kit to support the power for the camera. Does anyone know if there is an after market kit I can purchase in order to hook up the reverse camera?

Some dealer sold you a Laredo with a backup camera installed?
Is that on your invoice as a backup camera?

That seems like fraud...

foreit 10-29-2013 09:38 PM

Re: Backup Camera not available on the Laredo! Help!

I'm not sure if it was on the invoice but I know the sales rep handed me info on the Uconnect and highlight the additional features section that stated it supported a park view camera...it took the dealership over 3 months to figure out that it wasn't compatible with the Laredo model. Unreal!

jeeeplimited 10-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreit (Post 920106)

I got my unit form www.navtool.com , I didn't see it on website but I know they have it

jeeeplimited 10-30-2013 12:12 PM

check it out, I got mine at www.navtool.com , they have one ,

jeeeplimited 10-30-2013 12:42 PM

try NavTool products

jeeeplimited 10-30-2013 12:43 PM

you can get a unit at NavTool.com they don't have it on website but its available