Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner
23K views 77 replies 27 participants last post by  VP 14 JGCSRT 
#1 ·
GT Haus has finally posted a picture of their new car back system. The tips are huge! Looks pretty damn nice. Can't wait to hear it.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
The exhaust is about $3k at this time...

Curious about the electronic valves on these.

Are they meant to be cut outs, or are they to curb droning during Eco Mode? Do you have to flip a switch, or are they automatic?
Either via a wired switch or via wireless remote ($150 extra), it allows the exhaust to free flow open (like a straight pipe) or closed and thus more quiet through the muffler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2-5LOlw5Ew&list=UUW6cVvjq0qUjJ5jdNr6dPHQ&index=6

#9 ·
I will post some good videos of it when it's on. It sounds incredible.

#15 ·
Did rob tell you he had talked me a few times? I was told yesterday by him that it would ship the week before thanksgiving. It must have gotten delayed a couple weeks.

#19 ·
Are they offering powder coated tips? Or are you doing it after you get the system?

#21 ·
I see what you are saying. But I do think they look better in the black vs shiny stainless. I will prob go with the gloss black ones. I guess I need to text Rob. Thanks for the picture.

#25 ·
Borla is an axle back so still utilizes the giant suitcase muffler and gets rid of the resonators. This is a cat back exhaust so its not fair to compare Borla to Meisterschaft. Corsa/ARH/Kooks would be a fair comparison to the Meisterschaft. I am planning to do a before/after dyno pull to compare the Corsa vs Meisterschaft. I sadly don't have a baseline dyno before any mods done

#31 ·
Where did you hear it?

#30 ·
I will let everyone know! Thanks

#32 ·
Why the silly a$$ comments?! I'm all for opinions but Sheesh...

#33 ·
Actually isn't it about 2k not 3 for the cat back? I did some research before I purchased my full Kooks system. I've read the quality between the two is comparable. I wasn't willing to pay for the electronic cutouts because I've heard them on other cars and to me they sound sloppy and way too loud for my tastes. That is all preference though, I'm not trying to rip apart the gt haus at all, I'm sure they will sound great. I have absolutely no regrets with the kooks, they sound amazing. Only thing I miss is the look of the Borlas from the rear. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews on the gt haus. Also, sounds clips are nothing like being by the car. They can give you an idea of what it sounds like but not really..

#39 ·
Looking forward to the video review - you should ask them if you refer anyone if you get a kick back or anything. If it sounds as good as I am hoping, I just may jump on this myself.

I'm currently building my list for building my second GC SRT.

On my first SRT I had the Borla S-Type which was fine but axle back, and somewhat tame. My wife likes doesn't like the OMGLOUD exhaust but if this is flippable from silent closed mode to performance open mode..

umm.. yes please.

#41 ·
Still no update. I was told my exhaust is shipping out tomorrow. They powder coated the tips black for me today.

#46 ·
#48 ·
Tom - have you heard any of the HP/Torque numbers for the exhaust as of yet? I have to believe they dyno'd before/after with axelback and with cat back. Black Ops.. maybe you might know?

I know with exhaust it's often small.. just curious is all.

#49 ·
Damn thats loud! & what a sweet vid, love the hooning lol

Patiently waiting for a member to post his own video before I make any decisions, thanks for sharing Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.