Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   FORD! Kickin' a$$ and takin' names! NOOOOOOT!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ford-kickin-a-and-takin-names-noooooot-67296.html)

Scottina06 10-29-2013 07:55 PM

FORD! Kickin' a$$ and takin' names! NOOOOOOT!!!

5 out of 10 for WORST reliability are Fords.....LOL

1. Ford C-MAX Energi (Plug-in Hybrid)*
2. Ford Escape (1.6L Ecoboost)*
3. Mini Cooper Countryman
4. Ford C-Max Hybrid
5. Nissan Pathfinder*
6. Volkswagen Beetle
7. Cadillac XTS*
8. Ford Explorer (V6, 4WD)
9. Hyundai Genesis Coupe*
10. Ford Taurus (turbo)*

Yahoo!

jacko15 10-29-2013 07:57 PM

Re: FORD! Kickin' a$$ and takin' names! NOOOOOOT!!!

I owned a Ford, once. :rolleyes:

visitador 10-29-2013 08:16 PM

Here is an article with the whole list:
Consumer Reports Reliability Survey: Detroit automakers receive mixed reviews; Japanese brands dominate | MLive.com

JeepGCOverland 10-29-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 920257)
5 out of 10 for WORST reliability are Fords.....LOL

1. Ford C-MAX Energi (Plug-in Hybrid)*
2. Ford Escape (1.6L Ecoboost)*
3. Mini Cooper Countryman
4. Ford C-Max Hybrid
5. Nissan Pathfinder*
6. Volkswagen Beetle
7. Cadillac XTS*
8. Ford Explorer (V6, 4WD)
9. Hyundai Genesis Coupe*
10. Ford Taurus (turbo)*

Yahoo!

:lol: Scott I saw this and was going to PM it to you, I knew you would love it (however, not as much as you would if the exploder was on the list).

JeepFreak12 10-29-2013 08:50 PM

Haha my first car was a ford, blew the motor and have been with Jeep's since then. Can't wait to show my ford nut co-worker this tomorrow lol.

xJoshxx 10-29-2013 09:36 PM

Had a 95 Ford Exploder The Torque Converter Locked up on me at 55MPH locking the rear wheels and almost making me need new underwear.

Maliberti 10-29-2013 10:24 PM

Ford... ---------> Found On Road Dead <---------Driver Returns On Foot

Zybane 10-29-2013 11:10 PM

Consumer reports "data" is biased and isn't worth taking too seriously.

Here’s why: Car rankings are based exclusively on surveys offered by Consumer Reports (CR) readers. This, in my view, is a fatally flawed approach.

1. CR subscribers aren't representative of the general public. Quantcast.com, which estimates demographic and user data for millions of websites, has provided the following demographic “snap shot” of ConsumerReports.org (see the original report here):

ConsumerReports.org demographic data
Demographic data about the ConsumerReports.org website audience, as determined by Quantcast.com

http://blog.bluespringsfordparts.com...mographics.png

As you can see, the typical ConsumerReports.org visitor is more likely to be wealthy ($100k+ annual household income), old and college educated. While there’s nothing wrong with being wealthy, old or educated, I suspect these consumers are a bit biased against American car brands.

Hybrid buyers, for example, are significantly more likely to be educated and wealthy (see Scarborough Research). The best selling hybrid? A Toyota.
American cars don’t sell well in the country’s wealthiest cities, additional proof that wealthy people are biased against American vehicle brands.
For anyone who thinks that Quantcast’s data might be off, check out this 2009 study of CR’s auto buying guide, which was sponsored by CR. According to the data on page 34, the average CR reader (either online or via magazine subscription) is wealthier, older and more educated than average.

2. CR data is noisy. By “noisy,” I mean varying quite a bit from year to year. In this year’s study, Volvo and Chrysler fell 10 and 8 spots in the rankings, while GMC, Cadillac, and Audi skyrocketed 10, 14, and 16 (!) slots.

http://blog.bluespringsfordparts.com...data-noisy.png

Consumer Reports auto reliability data is noisy
How can one brand’s reliability ranking surge from the bottom 5 to the top 10 in just one year? Because Consumer Reports data is very “noisy,” and hence not terribly accurate.

Are we honestly supposed to believe that Audi was ranked as one of the least reliable brands last year, and yet somehow ranked top 10 in reliability this year? This is obviously a result of a limited amount of data, which brings me too…

3. CR uses as few as 100 surveys to rate vehicles! That’s right folks – 100 measly surveys is all it takes for Consumer Reports to assess a specific vehicle’s reliability rating.

100 data points is hardly enough to form a scientific evaluation – it’s embarrassing that CR would admit to this methodology, but they’ve done precisely that:

…The scores are presented as a percentage better or worse than the average of all cars. The minimum sample size is 100 vehicles, but Consumer Reports often gets many more.

While CR might “often” get 100′s or surveys, this hardly seems like a good system. It also explains Audi’s wild change in rankings, doesn’t it?

The bottom line: Don’t trust Consumer Reports quality and reliability data, at least as far as automobiles are concerned.

This is who you are getting your consumer reports automotive advice from:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UawSD_o0sT...ettencourt.jpg

CNY_WK2 10-29-2013 11:11 PM

Never had an issue with the wife's 2011 or 2013 Explorer (4wd)....but it is a lease so who really cares.

JEEP_JUNKIE 10-29-2013 11:24 PM

Ford has really turned around their fleet in the last couple of years. There was a time when I was a hard core Ford guy and wanted to buy nothing but Fords but in the Early 2000s I couldn't source a vehicle that was worth a darn from ford. I ended up with a 2002 JGCO HO and that changed me forever! But... some of the newer engines are really impressive. Just look at the upcoming options for the new Mustang.

Shannon 10-30-2013 12:34 AM

F-ix
O-r
R-epair
D-aily

Tony407 10-30-2013 01:59 AM

I've had 3 cars in my car-owning life that were total failures, all of which I bought brand new. A 2007 Infiniti M45, 2009 Jaguar XF, and a 2012 Ford Focus. How's that for variety?

Hmmmm...thinking about it, I just remembered the fact that at the time Ford owned Jaguar...

At any rate, I've owned several Ford products, and the only one that gave me any significant problems was the 2012 Focus. I had a 1991 Ranger, a 1997 Explorer, a 2006 Mustang, and a 2008 F150. All of them were trusty and reliable vehicles.

Tony