Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/is-the-limited-really-available-with-a-6-speed-manual-transmission-67297.html)

grandriver125 10-29-2013 08:09 PM

Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission???
 
I was searching to see what dealers in Ontario had "in transit" and in stock.

This one threw me for a loop.

"Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (NSG370)"

Looking over all the dealer material I have to say I must be going blind because I cannot see anything with respect to a six speed manual? In the comparison with several other vehicles the only one showing a 6 sp manual is Subaru.

Anyone know what this might be?

GR

macfan 10-29-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandriver125 (Post 920268)
I was searching to see what dealers in Ontario had "in transit" and in stock.

This one threw me for a loop.

"Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (NSG370)"

Looking over all the dealer material I have to say I must be going blind because I cannot see anything with respect to a six speed manual? In the comparison with several other vehicles the only one showing a 6 sp manual is Subaru.

Anyone know what this might be?

GR

That transmission was/is used in the following vehicles and came from the former Daimler alliance:

Applications:
2005-2008 Jeep Liberty
2005-present Jeep Wrangler
2004-2006 Chrysler Crossfire
2006-2008 Dodge Nitro

Sounds like somebody has a Wrangler listing mixed up with a Cherokee listing. They are both built in the Toledo complex and probably shipped together so would be easy to mix up listings.

grandriver125 10-29-2013 08:36 PM

Re: Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan (Post 920280)
That transmission was/is used in the following vehicles and came from the former Daimler alliance:

Applications:
2005-2008 Jeep Liberty
2005-present Jeep Wrangler
2004-2006 Chrysler Crossfire
2006-2008 Dodge Nitro

Sounds like somebody has a Wrangler listing mixed up with a Cherokee listing. They are both built in the Toledo complex and probably shipped together so would be easy to mix up listings.

That crossed my mind as well because they showed the 9 speed up top and then the six speed at the bottom. In Canada we don't get to track our vehicles OR see the window stickers like you chaps can. I think I'm going to write Sergio Marchionne and suggest they take a look at the commonality of systems. In the US the 2014 Durango shows on the Dodge web site and you can build and price. Only 2013 here and our dealer has the new Limited model and it doesn't show in their inventory on the Dodge site because the system can't take it. Kind of silly IMO. One common system with 2 currencies would make a lot more sense (to me anyway).

merft 10-29-2013 10:51 PM

Re: Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandriver125 (Post 920268)
I was searching to see what dealers in Ontario had "in transit" and in stock.

This one threw me for a loop.

"Transmission: 6-Speed Manual (NSG370)"

Looking over all the dealer material I have to say I must be going blind because I cannot see anything with respect to a six speed manual? In the comparison with several other vehicles the only one showing a 6 sp manual is Subaru.

Anyone know what this might be?

GR

A mistake. All US models are sold with 9spd auto. There is talk that the European turbo-diesel version may have a manual transmission, but that is unconfirmed.

macfan 10-29-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Is the Limited really available with a 6 speed manual transmission???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by merft (Post 920356)
A mistake. All US models are sold with 9spd auto. There is talk that the European turbo-diesel version may have a manual transmission, but that is unconfirmed.

I can tell you the Cherokee Diesel is running around here in Fenton right now with manufactures' license plates on them. I assume it is some kind of early testing. I am not sure of the transmissions in them though.

loveracing1988 10-30-2013 02:08 AM

The European version does has a 6 speed manual with the diesel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community