Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Compass and Patriot (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f20/)
-   -   What's the difference? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f20/whats-the-difference-67335.html)

bill_de 10-30-2013 07:28 PM

What's the difference?

I was looking around on Jeep.com and checking specs on different models. I see the difference in styling, but the specs on the Compass and Patriot seem so close, I can't figure why they have both existed at the same time.

Please enlighten me. :confused:

---

lstowell 10-31-2013 04:41 PM

Re: What's the difference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 920984)
I was looking around on Jeep.com and checking specs on different models. I see the difference in styling, but the specs on the Compass and Patriot seem so close, I can't figure why they have both existed at the same time.
Please enlighten me. :confused:
---

Ahhh, little grasshopper, perhaps you are not yet ready for that knowledge.

Isn't the Patriot off road capable and the Compass is a mall runner?

bill_de 10-31-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 921574)
Ahhh, little grasshopper, perhaps you are not yet ready for that knowledge.

Isn't the Patriot off road capable and the Compass is a mall runner?

Except for the off road group option for the Compass, that would make sense. That option brings the Compass into the "Trail Rated" family.

---

Madanio24 10-31-2013 05:24 PM

good to know

NHPATRIOT 11-04-2013 11:32 AM

There is no difference between them other than sheet metal. I think the Compass is made for the yuppie/on road folks and more geared toward female owners while the Patriot is for the off roaders and "guys". Same vehicle but different "looks" to appeal to different buyers.

bill_de 11-04-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT (Post 923626)
There is no difference between them other than sheet metal. I think the Compass is made for the yuppie/on road folks and more geared toward female owners while the Patriot is for the off roaders and "guys". Same vehicle but different "looks" to appeal to different buyers.

That's what it seems like.

Thanks!

---

zeprider25 12-08-2013 12:02 PM

my wife has owned both that is exactly it. same car, different look. oh and the compass is more expensive. we got our fully loaded patriot for the price of a compass sport.

Deirdre 02-09-2014 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT (Post 923626)

*Cough* Ahem, nope, not a guy/gal appeal thing, boys ;)

Marlon_JB2 02-09-2014 05:53 PM

They made both as concepts.

Females hated the Patriot, loved the Compass.
Males hated the Compass, loved the Patriot.

So there you go.

http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/pho...ot-compass.jpg

Deirdre 02-09-2014 07:33 PM

I am a gal. Being one has nothing to do with my preferring one over the other, truly.

I like the traditional, more basic and linear jeep shape, so love the look of the Patriot (and Wrangler). In fact, I dislike the look of the Compass and all the other higher-end Jeeps that have lost the traditional look and gone with modern slope.

If you like the more traditional jeep shape, you will like the look of the Patriot better. If you like the modern Jeep line's more sloping silhouette, you like the look of the Compass and most of their other models better.

If you don't care either way about the "shape" differences, you should just compare trims of both and make your decision based on what bells and whistles float your boat ;)

I chose a Patriot with Latitude trim, manual transmission and leather seats ... all I needed to float my boat, heh, heh.

NHPATRIOT 02-09-2014 08:08 PM

We are speaking in general here. There is always an exception to the rule. "Most" women prefer the Compass looks to that of the Patriot and most men prefer the looks of the Patriot over the Compass. Again, "most".

Deirdre 02-09-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHPATRIOT (Post 973153)
We are speaking in general here. There is always an exception to the rule. "Most" women prefer the Compass looks to that of the Patriot and most men prefer the looks of the Patriot over the Compass. Again, "most".

Per Power Information Network: "Compass buyers were equally likely to be men or women (51% women); Patriot buyers were a little more likely to be male (57%), while Jeeps in general tended to skew more male (61%)."