Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Opinions/suggestions on a potential lease of a 2014 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/opinions-suggestions-on-a-potential-lease-of-a-2014-overland-67350.html)

longisland 10-30-2013 11:18 PM

Opinions/suggestions on a potential lease of a 2014 Overland

First I would like to say hello since this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading a bunch and educating myself on the vehicles. A great site.

I am considering turning in my Range Rover Sport 2 months early and getting into a 2014 Overland. Here is the deal I am considering but certainly not married to.

The dealership will take the last remaining two payments of my Range Rover totaling aprox $1800.(I will have to return the RR to dealer and incur any lease end damages) 36 month lease, 15 K miles a year, the vehicle is a 2014 Overland without the tech package. tax, title and fees upfront totaling aprox $4100. No cap cost reduction. i believe the MSRP of the vehicle was $50,800 . A monthly payment of $635.

Any insight , help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated from the community. The reason I am turning in the range rover early is because I am over aprox 1K of the alloted miles for the lease term. I feel like I am wasting money every time the mileage racks up. I am in the NY/Long Island area. Thank you in advance for your input.

mswlogo 10-31-2013 12:29 AM

Re: Opinions/suggestions on a potential lease of a 2014 Overland

Quote:

Originally Posted by longisland (Post 921134)
First I would like to say hello since this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading a bunch and educating myself on the vehicles. A great site.

I am considering turning in my Range Rover Sport 2 months early and getting into a 2014 Overland. Here is the deal I am considering but certainly not married to.

The dealership will take the last remaining two payments of my Range Rover totaling aprox $1800.(I will have to return the RR to dealer and incur any lease end damages) 36 month lease, 15 K miles a year, the vehicle is a 2014 Overland without the tech package. tax, title and fees upfront totaling aprox $4100. No cap cost reduction. i believe the MSRP of the vehicle was $50,800 . A monthly payment of $635.

Any insight , help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated from the community. The reason I am turning in the range rover early is because I am over aprox 1K of the alloted miles for the lease term. I feel like I am wasting money every time the mileage racks up. I am in the NY/Long Island area. Thank you in advance for your input.

So why get into another lease?

2014 Overland without advanced tech. That's the ACC, Collision Avoid etc. right? For that much $$$ that just seems wrong.

That, to me, is the next worth while thing to get above a stock limited.

What you getting for $12,000.00 over a stock limited?

CHALLENGERBIZJET 10-31-2013 01:23 AM

Big difference between a limited and overland in terms of comfort and equipment etc..

longisland 10-31-2013 07:17 AM

Thank you for the reply. I believe the difference in the vehicles is interior, and options mainly. I should add that the one priced is a Hemi.

CHALLENGERBIZJET 10-31-2013 11:59 AM

Depends on your needs,I have the hemi and i don't have a boat or tow anything like that but i do enjoy the extra power when I need it.

bill_de 10-31-2013 12:10 PM

I'm not sure what the extra mileage would cost you. But keep in mind, those miles will still be driven on a leased vehicle. If you will continue to drive the same amount you'll be over when your next lease ends. Pay me now or pay me later.

---

Briant73 10-31-2013 01:03 PM

The advice I would offer is look for a 2014.5 model which I believe are later July builds and after. Their were some hardware changes to enable some features/functionality and Jeep worked out some of the bugs earlier builds had.

To check build month/year a sticker in the drivers side door opening should have it.

lstowell 10-31-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 921163)
So why get into another lease?

2014 Overland without advanced tech. That's the ACC, Collision Avoid etc. right? For that much $$$ that just seems wrong.

That, to me, is the next worth while thing to get above a stock limited.

What you getting for $12,000.00 over a stock limited?

Unless those two lease payments total up to several grand, that price seems excessively high, particularly without loading up the Overland with everything but the kitchen sink.

lstowell 10-31-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longisland (Post 921244)
Thank you for the reply. I believe the difference in the vehicles is interior, and options mainly. I should add that the one priced is a Hemi.

That's still quite high for a Hemi Overland.
Fully loaded it should be under 50 without affiliate or anything.
List is under 53 with the adv tech and OR-II

It doesn't sound like they are trying very hard...

mswlogo 10-31-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET (Post 921172)
Big difference between a limited and overland in terms of comfort and equipment etc..

Comfort? Like what?

CHALLENGERBIZJET 10-31-2013 09:07 PM

Check the specs logo there's a huge difference.

SW03ES 10-31-2013 10:45 PM

That strikes me as high. I'm currently shopping for an Overland, just the V6 with the advanced tech, MSRP is about $49k.

Find out what they are selling you the Jeep for, we need to know the MSRP and the negotiated price, as well as the residual and money factor.

Even with them eating the last two payments on the RR, this should be a sub $600/month lease.

As for Overland vs Limited, the Overland has a lot of features I find add a lot to the vehicle, the leather dash, improved interior trim, painted exterior cladding, etc. When you option a Limited similarly to an Overland the difference isn't that significant.