Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Mirrors going down when in reverse (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/mirrors-going-down-when-in-reverse-67382.html)

eugene3524 10-31-2013 06:00 PM

Mirrors going down when in reverse

Driving mey new to me 2011 WK2 one annoying thing is unlike my fiances Acura RL I cant get only one of the mirrors to gown in reverse, its either both or neither. In her car I like to set just the passanger mirror to go down so I can see how close I am to the curb and then judge my distance and watch for upcoming traffic in my left mirror as I parallel park. In jeep I have the mirrors to go down and then I find myself parallel parking and bending down to see the driver mirror for traffic on my left. Is there a setting I am missing or is it really made like that?

2012 Summit 10-31-2013 06:01 PM

Re: Mirrors going down when in reverse

Either both or none.

bill_de 10-31-2013 06:06 PM

You would probably do better using the inside rear view mirror and looking over your shoulder. Bending over to look through a tilted mirror isn't going to give you much of a view.

---

mswlogo 10-31-2013 06:24 PM

Good idea. I shut it off because I feel blind with both down.

Angler 10-31-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 921633)

Agreed. I thought it would be a nice feature but found out differently real quick and disabled it.

jacko15 10-31-2013 08:06 PM

If you could enable the feature as easily as folding them in it would be much better. I occasionally would find it useful while parallel parking, but never when backing out of my garage, which I do much more often. Too much trouble to set it in the Uconnect menu for occasional use. I find that I rarely fold my mirrors in, so it would be great to be able to change the fold button function to turning the mirrors down in the Uconnect settings. Just wishing out loud. :D

GCLimited 11-01-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 921623)

You would probably do better using the inside rear view mirror and looking over your shoulder. Bending over to look through a tilted mirror isn't going to give you much of a view.

I personally don't "bend over" to look at my outside mirrors...

:lol:

I just turn my head to the left or right to look at those mirrors, and the tilting mirrors are great if you park up against curbs...lets you know where they are exactly...and use your rearview mirror to see traffic.

Specx 11-01-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angler (Post 921659)
Agreed. I thought it would be a nice feature but found out differently real quick and disabled it.

:lol: This was me as well. I was so excited to finally have this feature and the first time using it I absolutely hated it.

TurboRush 11-01-2013 11:42 AM

One feature I miss from my Acura - wish I could only have one go down and quickly toggle which one.

eugene3524 11-01-2013 11:56 AM

I have taken off my driver side panel for tinting before and the mirror has 3 connectors I wonder if unplugging one at a time will narrow it down to a possible plug that only controls the mirror going down motor.

bill_de 11-01-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboRush (Post 922036)
One feature I miss from my Acura - wish I could only have one go down and quickly toggle which one.

When I first got my MDX I thought something was wrong. My friend's Chevy p/u had both mirrors tilt. After a short time I saw the wisdom in being able to choose. But then I realized that after 40+ years of driving without them, I didn't need tilting mirrors, and shut them off.

Heck, I remember when side view mirrors were an option ... driver's side only. :)

---

lstowell 11-01-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 921633)

I'd prefer another switch to bring them back to normal when desired, but leave the autodrop function enabled.

Sometimes it would be handy to bring them up for a peek when backing up.